Switching between boxes in iOS app

yakimayakima Posts: 3Member
edited 19 June 2017, 6:45PM in Support
Enhancement request - although the iOS app 'sees' that I have two YouView boxes, when I am away from home I need the ability to choose which box gets programmed. Its of little use if I have to be by the box to activate the one I choose to record on. The app also doesn't make it clear which box is currently paired. It would be a real asset to be able to choose at will which box receives the scheduled commands.

Comments

• RoyRoy Posts: 14,292Member ✭✭✭
    edited 20 June 2017, 9:35AM
    Download the corresponding BT or TalkTalk remote YouView app, use this exclusively for one of the boxes, and keep using the YouView app exclusively for the other one.

Neither the box nor the app will care if you are not with the relevant ISP.
    ‘Does television exist for us to watch, or do we exist to watch television?’ - Noah Hawley
  • yakimayakima Posts: 3Member
    edited 19 June 2017, 9:48PM
    Thanks Roy... a simple but great workaround. Many thanks.
  • yakimayakima Posts: 3Member
    The BT YouView app will no longer pair if you don’t have a customer account, so is not much use if you’re not a BT customer.
    yakima said:
    The BT YouView app will no longer pair if you don’t have a customer account, so is not much use if you’re not a BT customer.
    Spoilsports!

I am a BT customer, though not a BT TV customer, so I do have a BT account, but I see the app now wants this  :'(

But the TalkTalk TV Planner, their version of the YouView app, still seems to work for me, so non-BT customers can cover two YouView boxes, at least.

@Daniel has a workaround for Android devices whereby you can load more than one copy of the YouView app, but this won’t work for iOS, and we don’t know of any equivalent for iOS.
    ‘Does television exist for us to watch, or do we exist to watch television?’ - Noah Hawley
  • zulu17zulu17 Posts: 884Member ✭✭
    I believe you indeed need a linked BT Tv account in order to log in to the BT TV app. 
    edited 4 August 2018, 12:19AM
    zulu17 said:
    I believe you indeed need a linked BT Tv account in order to log in to the BT TV app. 
    Seems like it.

My attempts to log in to this app seem to fail with the BT support pages solicitously pointing me towards every possibility, except the one that though I am a BT customer, I am not a BT TV customer. Which BT seem to find enormously difficult to comprehend,

Despite my best but unsuccessful attempts, so far, to blag myself a free subscription, which might give them a clue as to why not  :*
  • redchizredchiz Posts: 4,652Member ✭✭✭
    Right, so no longer is it available to non-BT customers like me, but when it asks you to login with your BT ID etc. it then precludes you from using it unless you have a separate BT TV subscription? 
    edited 4 August 2018, 7:34PM
    redchiz said:
    Right, so no longer is it available to non-BT customers like me, but when it asks you to login with your BT ID etc. it then precludes you from using it unless you have a separate BT TV subscription? 
    Yes, that would seem to be the case. I can’t be sure, but the BT help does talk about a BT TV Id as well as a BT account number.

I love the way that BT TV is all in-yer-face on the YouView box, insisting on thrusting its channels at any BT customer, even though you can’t get them, and then getting all coy with its app. Not.

So, high time that YouView gave us multi-box capability in their own app, then.