No signal

abbyabby Posts: 3Member
I’ve just got my Youview box I’ve plugged my antana in to the box and the Youview screen and channels load up, however when I press to watch the signal is 0% will this be resolved with a booster?

Comments

• RoyRoy Posts: 14,045Member ✭✭✭
    abby said:
    I’ve just got my Youview box. I’ve plugged my antenna into the box and the Youview screen and channels load up. However when I press to watch, the signal is 0%; will this be resolved with a booster?
    Hi Abby and welcome to the Community!

Signal 0% is probably too low to resolve with a booster. But if you can answer the two questions below, we can go from there.

When you say the channels load up, have you tuned it, or are these perhaps just the internet channels you get from a BT or TalkTalk subscription?

if you plug your antenna directly into a TV, do you get a full complement of channels?
    ‘Does television exist for us to watch, or do we exist to watch television?’ - Noah Hawley
  • abbyabby Posts: 3Member
    Hello!
    when I plug the atena into the tv directly it works perfectly that’s how I’m using it at the moment, but when I plug the atena into the box it doesn’t work. I haven’t tuned the box, The channels that are in my normal tv come up on the Youview but when I click on it it doesn’t work I haven’t got internet connected at the moment but has been in the past.
  • RoyRoy Posts: 14,045Member ✭✭✭
    abby said:
    Hello!
    when I plug the atena into the tv directly it works perfectly that’s how I’m using it at the moment, but when I plug the atena into the box it doesn’t work. I haven’t tuned the box, The channels that are in my normal tv come up on the Youview but when I click on it it doesn’t work I haven’t got internet connected at the moment but has been in the past.
    I take it this box did once work OK, but currently it doesn’t?

But you have to tune, perhaps retune, the box. Go to Settings/Signal & Connection/TV Channels.

Note the three numbers given there. Then click on Retune Channels. When it is completed, note the three numbers again, and see if they have changed.

You also do need the internet connected to the box, or various things can go wrong, so get that connection re-established, as well as doing the (re)tuning as above, see if things now work, and come back and tell us if they do or they don’t.
    ‘Does television exist for us to watch, or do we exist to watch television?’ - Noah Hawley
  • abbyabby Posts: 3Member
    Thank you!