T2000 'Start Again' for BBC programmes

jimbjimb Posts: 1,040Member ✭✭
I've always been a huge fan of the iPlayer's "Live Restart" feature especially since it became accessible from the red button.
The latest T2000 update just makes things even easier.
(press OK to bring the playback bar up, then press and hold OK to start again in BBC iPlayer)
It's absolutely brilliant.
Lets hope that BT and TalkTalk implement it as well.
 :) 

Comments

• AnaglyptaAnaglypta Posts: 743Member ✭✭✭
    Yes that's just one step more than on my S*m*u*g TV that only requires a single press of the green button. :D

Also, did you try the recent searches option - Not so much "recent searches", rather a "what I've just watched" option. :s

John.
    "Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity." - George S. Patton
  • jimbjimb Posts: 1,040Member ✭✭
    edited 8 August 2018, 6:52AM
    Anaglypta said:
    Yes that's just one step more than on my S*m*u*g TV that only requires a single press of the green button. :D 

John.
    Actually it's just one press and hold.

@Sarah you might like to ask someone to amend the description in the update announcement which should simply say:
    "When you are watching a BBC channel press and hold OK to start again in BBC iPlayer."
    Anaglypta said:

Also, did you try the recent searches option - Not so much "recent searches", rather a "what I've just watched" option. :s

John.
    Yes you're quite right. The announcement says:
    "The next time you play a programme from search, we'll add it to your recent searches, ready for you to click and play next time."
    I wonder who thought developing that was a good idea?   :o
    jimb said:
    Anaglypta said:

John.
    Yes you're quite right. The announcement says:
    "The next time you play a programme from search, we'll add it to your recent searches, ready for you to click and play next time."
    I wonder who thought developing that was a good idea?   :o
    I've just realised that this does have a use.
    If you are watching a series by using catchup this would be a useful way to find another episode.
  • scottscott Posts: 1,864Member ✭✭✭
    @Anaglypta Totally agree, I thought the search thing wasn't working till it was pointed out to me the write up says you have to start watching it before it was added :(
  • AnaglyptaAnaglypta Posts: 743Member ✭✭✭

My point entirely. There are many people out there in YouView land who will be quite oblivious to the impending firmware update. The first they'll know of this feature is when they go to search and are presented with the statement "Your recent searches will appear here"

In my head that statement is quite clear, but totally inaccurate, reinforced by how search works in BBC iPlayer, and YouTube for instance.

John.
    "Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity." - George S. Patton