IR Extend

i have a you view t2200 box and want to be able to control this from the box being in a cupboard. Someone recommended buying a IR extend I have set it up as per the instructions it shows a green light when I use the remote it turn red but the channel doesn’t change . Please help not sure what else I can do to make it work 

Comments

• RoyRoy Posts: 14,528Member ✭✭✭
    What is the make and model of the IR Extender, and what do the instructions tell you to do?

One issue with extenders though, is that you have to know where the IR sensor is on the target box, and aim for it pretty accurately.

On a T2000, the trick is to shine a very bright torch on the fascia, which reveals it to be transparent, and you can see where the IR sensor is behind the fascia, about halfway along a line drawn from the On/Standby button to the centre ring.

But I don’t know where it is on the T2200, though perhaps another helpful soul might.
    “Where’s ‘Jump to Time’ then? And all that other OldGen good stuff we were promised back, including the proper ‘Hide Channels’ and so on?” (Excerpt from ‘One Billboard Outside YouView Towers’, not coming soon to a box near you)