Radio Channels

TELLYBOX007TELLYBOX007 Posts: 13Member
edited 12 February 2019, 3:12AM in Support
LBC 732 PLAYS through the TV tuner but when playing through the Youview-TalkTalk box I have to play another radio station first for less than 2 seconds then I can go back to 732 and it plays, any idea why I can't type 732 LBC straight away, but have to go to another Radio station first, then tune to LBC 732 and it plays. If I go straight to LBC nothing.

Comments

• RoyRoy Posts: 15,133Member ✭✭✭
    LBC 732 PLAYS through the TV tuner but when playing through the Youview-TalkTalk box I have to play another radio station first for less than 2 seconds then I can go back to 732 and it plays, any idea why I can't type 732 LBC straight away, but have to go to another Radio station first, then tune to LBC 732 and it plays. If I go straight to LBC nothing.
    The first station clears a path that 732 LBC can’t clear for itself, but which it can then follow?

That’s the sort of weird thing that would have me recommending a soft reset or Maintenance Mode reset to try to clear. 

FWIW, LBC plays perfectly on my Humax T2000, on both 732 and 792, where it also appears.

And is also fine on my TV’s own tuner. How about on yours?
    Where do all those characters that you type in search boxes and which never appear go to?
  • zulu17zulu17 Posts: 926Member ✭✭
    edited 12 February 2019, 1:10PM
    Well i have two LBCs currently on Youview, one that plays normally on channel 792  albeit with a screen logo that says it is moving frequency on 14 Feb and a request to retune before this date whereas on 732 I have no sound  but a normal LBC screen logo . (This on signals from Crystal Palace transmitter)

I would also point out what appears to be a very similar scenario with Classic FM with a channel that plays sound on 790 with a please retune by 14th Feb and a channel that is silent  but with Classic FM screen logos in position 731.
    I note that some articles about changes were published recently
    https://www.a516digital.com/2019/01/freeview-retune-for-lbc-and-classic-fm.html
    zulu17 said:
    I would also point out what appears to be a very similar scenario with Classic FM with a channel that plays sound on 790 with a please retune by 14th Feb and a channel that is silent  but with Classic FM screen logos in position 731.
    I note that some articles about changes were published recently
    https://www.a516digital.com/2019/01/freeview-retune-for-lbc-and-classic-fm.html
     Cheers @zulu17

I noticed, when investigating this, that there were some duplicate channels above 800 on the TV, a sure sign that this Samsung has been auto-retuning, but keeping the old ones just in case. Channels from 800 up are a purely local artefact of this TV, so I wouldn’t expect anyone else to see these.

Both before and after the retune, LBC is on 732 and 792. I saw no slate on 732 in both cases; maybe I should go back and see if appears after a while.

Can you reproduce @TELLYBOX007’s experience where coming to 732 from another radio channel does bring its sound on?
    Where do all those characters that you type in search boxes and which never appear go to?
    @Roy ; no I cannot reproduce that two second return as possibly I am not quick enough with the remote.

However I can get sound if I pause and then subsequent release pause or if use the skip back button on the problem channels. Haven't done a soft reset will need to leave nowe so will not be able to check further this afternoon/

• SarahSarah Posts: 1,039Administrator admin
    Hiya,

We've been able to recreate this on 3 different TalkTalk box models, both Classic FM and LBC will play no sound when you tune to them unless you tune to a different radio channel first.

From BBC One we went to LBC and Classic FM either of which played sound, scrolled down one channel to RNIB which played sound and then scrolled back up through Classic FM and LBC which both started playing sound. 

We have not been able to recreate this issue on Humax devices (retail and BT) so we believe it may be on Huawei devices only however we are investigating this at the moment. 

I'll post when I have any further updates regarding this issue.

Thanks!
    Sarah
    edited 12 February 2019, 2:54PM
    Trying again and waiting longer, the retune message comes up on 790 and 792, if I wait, both on the Humax T2000 YouView box and my retuned TV, but not on 731 and 732.

Logical, as 731 and 732 are the retuned versions, while 790 and 792 are the old versions, that people who haven’t yet retuned will still see if they select 731 and 732.

I do notice on 731 and 732 on the YouView box that there is a decided pause when choosing these channels before any sound plays, that does not happen on other radio channels, including 790 and 792, and does not happen at all on the TV. But if you wait, both do start, on the YouView box.
  • Quick message I'm getting the same with TalkTalk Huawei box, 732 will not play, but if you scroll back to RNIB and go back to 732 LBC it will then play.   I have to use Freeview play built into my TV as so many problems with Youview-TalkTalk Huawei, was the best free to air platform but gone downhill - hope it improves otherwise people will leave.
    I believe now that the old frequency versions of Classic Fm and LBC are  no longer are transmitting the radio channels although  the channel numbers in my case 790  & 792 are still in Guides  and if selected will give an eventual screen display saying the channel has moved frequency and to retune.

• wilberwilber Posts: 1Member
    I have retuned the channels and reset my Huawei box 4 times, but still can't listen on either 731 732 790. Black screen / no sound. The channels are listed in Guide with current show info, but cannot listen. 
    Any ideas?
  • Louise MurdochLouise Murdoch Posts: 45Administrator admin
    wilber said:
    I have retuned the channels and reset my Huawei box 4 times, but still can't listen on either 731 732 790. Black screen / no sound. The channels are listed in Guide with current show info, but cannot listen. 
    Any ideas?
    Hi @wilber

Welcome to the community!

This is a known issue and is currently being investigated. Channels 790 and 792 will no longer broadcast, but may remain in your channel listing. We recommend pausing and immediately playing channels 731 and 732 to resolve this issue temporarily. 

Please let me know how you get on with this. :smile:

Louise 
  • ThingThing Posts: 4Member
    Spot on! This works on 731 and 732.
      Thank you.