Menu stuck after playback

jonboyjonboy Posts: 5Member
Recently after p!aying a recording  my dtr2100 won't return to the menu it just hangs hangs up, the only way to get it to work  is by pressing BT player and then back, it appears to be intermitant.  any ideas would be welcome. - Thanks

Comments

• VisionmanVisionman Posts: 9,461Member ✭✭✭
    I've not heard of that one before.... Try turning the box off at the back for 30 seconds and then turning it back on again. This is known as a soft reboot.
  • RoyRoy Posts: 15,199Member ✭✭✭
    Visionman said:
    I've not heard of that one before.... Try turning the box off at the back for 30 seconds and then turning it back on again. This is known as a soft reboot.
    I’ve not heard of that one before either.

You soft reboot by touching the On/Standby button for just over eight seconds, which gives the box an opportunity to put its affairs in order while shutting down, as well as when opening up again.

There are all sorts of weird hang ups that these boxes can develop, though, when the running software has a couple of bits flipped, and this could well be one of them; trying to diagnose the issue isn’t usually very enlightening, but if a soft reboot straightens it out, shrug your shoulders until the next time, if there is one.

My box decided at one point that it wouldn’t obey the Mute command from the remote, but otherwise functioned like any YouView box should; a soft reset sorted it out, and the issue has not recurred to date.
    Now away for a bit....
    Disappointing you choose to contradict me Roy. But there you go...
    edited 11 April 2019, 8:55AM
    Visionman said:
    (On consideration, taken to PM).

Dreamtime, you can pull your Like now  :p
    Now away for a bit....
  • dreamtimedreamtime Posts: 201Member
    Roy said:
    Visionman said:

You got it right first time @Roy. @Visionman is having influence on you Roy. Stay with your original thought you will feel better.
    dreamtime said:
    Roy said:
    Visionman said:

You got it right first time @Roy. @Visionman is having influence on you Roy. Stay with your original thought you will feel better.
    Now, now  :p
    Now away for a bit....
  • jonboyjonboy Posts: 5Member
    Thanks. I did that and it is OK for now. It has been doing some weird things lately like playing back a different recording to the one  I choose but a soft reboot does fix it..
  • jimbjimb Posts: 1,110Member ✭✭✭
    Roy said:

That's very disappointing Roy  :p
    The PM wasn't.   :D :D :D