Recording

VisionmanVisionman Posts: 9,548Member ✭✭✭
My box is refusing to record DTT programmes. Which is rather inconvenient.

They show as recordings live on the live guide but don't get downloaded. 

Comments

• RoyRoy Posts: 15,249Member ✭✭✭
    While not recording, nor about to, touch the On/Standby button for just over 8 seconds, and let the box soft reboot.

You should not lose anything, except perhaps your problem.

If the problem persists though, come back and say so, and we can explain the more drastic resets which still keep your recordings.

Although I have to say that recording/playback problems often presage disc corruption, or worse, and if recovery is possible at all, this sometimes does, regrettably, involve the unavoidable loss of all of your recordings.
    This might at last be getting back to the YouView that I knew.  :|
    Holding my breath....
  • VisionmanVisionman Posts: 9,548Member ✭✭✭
    Are you trying to take the **** out of me? 
    Visionman said:
    Are you trying to take the **** out of me? 
    Not at all, though on rereading it, I can see the perils of cut’n’paste  :#

But sometimes I am about to report something on here, and I go ‘Hang on, what would I suggest if somebody else had this problem?’ and realise that I should be taking that advice instead of giving it. Physician heal thyself and all that....

And then, if I still have the problem and post it here, I would list the remedial steps I have tried and failed. I don’t know if you have tried any? You didn’t say...

Though perhaps I have misunderstood the purpose of your post, and it was not to seek advice on overcoming an issue?
    Holding my breath....
  • SarahSarah Posts: 1,361Administrator admin
    Visionman said:

Hi @Visionman

Is this issue still happening for you today? Can you explain what you mean by the programmes being downloaded? Do you mean that it shows up that they're recorded in the guide but aren't showing up in MyTV?

Any further information you could provide on this would be very helpful so we can understand the issue a bit better :smile:

Thanks,
    Sarah
    Sarah said:
    Visionman said:

Hi @Visionman

Is this issue still happening for you today? Can you explain what you mean by the programmes being downloaded? Do you mean that it shows up that they're recorded in the guide but aren't showing up in MyTV?

Any further information you could provide on this would be very helpful so we can understand the issue a bit better :smile:

Thanks,
    Sarah
    Yes thats exactly what I mean, Sarah.
  • redchizredchiz Posts: 4,967Member ✭✭✭
    Just out of interest what box is that you are using?
    edited 3 June 2019, 7:13PM
    A T2000 retail. I hope its not going ****-up on me, I love the dam thing. It does everything I want.
  • jimbjimb Posts: 1,143Member ✭✭✭
    Goodbye said:
     Not the end of the world if it is. T4000 which is a superior box are plentiful and relatively inexpensive on e bay.

Not everyone would agree with that. 
    Do you have a T2000?
    Do you know what the differences are between the two boxes? 
    edited 3 June 2019, 8:26PM
    I'll rephrase that. It does everything I want it to apart from jump to time. 
    Its back to recording now.
    edited 3 June 2019, 8:35PM
    Goodbye said:
     Not the end of the world if it is. T4000 which is a superior box are plentiful and relatively inexpensive on e bay.

Depending on price, I'll wait for the next generation HDR one, thanks. Shouldn't be long now.
  • jimbjimb Posts: 1,143Member ✭✭✭
    Goodbye said:
    Had both now own 2 4k boxes. Obviously 4k enabled, twice the recording capacity and how sad is this the aesthetic value, just love  that blue stripe that glows red when recording. In the youview community spirit of relentless confrontation name me one advantage of the 2000 over the 4K model. 

Does the T4000 have something called Discover? 
    edited 3 June 2019, 8:47PM
    @Goodbye
    No its not an epigram, its a box.
  • robotmanrobotman Posts: 156Member
    Visionman said:
    Goodbye said:

Depending on price, I'll wait for the next generation HDR one, thanks. Shouldn't be long now.
    Fingers crossed  :) Did I mention already I was looking forward to a new HDR box?  :D
    "Flash, Flash, I love you, but we only have 14 hours to save the Earth"
    Visionman said:
    Goodbye said:

Yes, High Definition Ratio, can’t wait  :p
    Holding my breath....
  • GoodbyeGoodbye Posts: 336Time out
    Careful Royster that last remark was actually quite amusing. Don't let that go to your head as the law of averages dictates one at least has to be funny. 
    edited 4 June 2019, 8:48AM
    Goodbye said:
    Careful Royster that last remark was actually quite amusing. Don't let that go to your head as the law of averages dictates one at least has to be funny. 
    I liked the soap one better, but that thread seems to have just blinked out of existence, thanks to your shenanigans  >:)
    Holding my breath....
    Shenanigan's , there's a word you don't often see.
    Goodbye said:
    Shenanigan's , there's a word you don't often see.
    Not with a greengrocer’s apostrophe, certainly.
    Holding my breath....
  • robotmanrobotman Posts: 156Member
    Roy said:
    Visionman said:
    Goodbye said:

Yes, High Definition Ratio, can’t wait  :p
    Sadly he has never owned up to that not likely to be forgotten blunder  :D
    "Flash, Flash, I love you, but we only have 14 hours to save the Earth"
    Bloody spell check 📲