When was the last update

DeltaDelta Posts: 4Member
Can someone please tell me the last by you view/ set top box update was please? Bt would not tell me despite asking multiple times. All I am able to find is that my set top box searched for an update yesterday. Thank you very much 

Comments

• VisionmanVisionman Posts: 9,496Member ✭✭✭
    That information has been posted on the forum (its at the top)..
  • DeltaDelta Posts: 4Member
    Hello I am trying to find out if there was one that came out yesterday 😊  that one was a little vague in that it said it was being rolled out over different days, thank you
  • VisionmanVisionman Posts: 9,496Member ✭✭✭
    There was no roll out yesterday. What are you looking for?
  • RoyRoy Posts: 15,208Member ✭✭✭
    edited 9 June 2019, 10:57PM
    Delta said:
    Can someone please tell me the last by you view/ set top box update was please? Bt would not tell me despite asking multiple times. All I am able to find is that my set top box searched for an update yesterday. Thank you very much 
    It searches every day.

We have asked YouView to replace this useless information with the date that the box was actually last updated, but as usual, this eminently reasonable and easily doable request has fallen on deaf ears; just one of the reasons I despair of YouView.

You don’t say which box you have, though I presume it is a BT one. And nor, even if we knew this, could we say what your last update date was; only the day that update started rolling out, and whether the update has been fully rolled out yet, or not.

But you can work these out by looking up your update details on the box, and then looking at this page:-
    https://support.youview.com/YouView-box/software-updates#
    to find that update.

We have asked YouView to present the details on this page in reverse chronological sequence, but as usual, this eminently reasonable and easily doable request has fallen on deaf ears; just another of the reasons I despair of YouView.

So work down the list until you find it, and then open the link to find the required date.

This page:-
    https://support.youview.com/youview-box/software-updates/latest-software-versions#
    will tell you if the rollout is complete or not.

Not a bad page, this one.
    This is not the YouView that I knew  :'(
    My signal to my box stopped working yesterday morning when it says it searched for an update. The box is working in the sense that the remote and box are syncing I can go through the menus etc all fine. Just imagine someone suddenly cut your aerial wire and no signal got to the box. The tv is fine and the aerial and the aerial to the tv (can watch free view without box or remote). Have unplugged replugged and tried everything. It won’t let me reset as it comes up with an error code. It says to maintanance reset... which does work/display with the arrows! 

Tech were of no no help at all just told me to buy a new one. Helpful! 
    edited 9 June 2019, 11:11PM
    @Delta

Sorry to hear of your issues.

What is the error code you get?

What model of box do you have?

If you run the aerial cable into the YouView box as normal, and then use a M-F aerial cable from the RF Out of the YouView box to your TV, can you watch Freeview on the TV OK, or is that ‘No Signal’ also?

When the box asks you to do a Maintenance Mode reset, can you try an Option 2 Reset?

Are you sure it was the check for updates that borked the box, and not that this worked OK, and the box was borked later?
    It worked fine, turned the tv off for bed and in the morning it wouldn’t show a picture and that’s when it searched for an update, so I haven’t been sure! 

I can get picture without the box so the aerial is all okay and the error code is yvm751

its a humax DTR-T2110 

thank you for any help 
  • robotmanrobotman Posts: 130Member
    Living in a land where time is a percentage, not minutes or hours...........
    A box worth trying to save, then.

Take action as per @robotman’s post above, initially trying Option 2 on the Maintenance Mode, which will preserve your recordings if this is possible.

But if the issue persists, you may have to try Option 5, which wipes everything.

If still no go, then it will be, I am afraid, time for a new box  :'(