Series link recording 2 separate programs

stevet48stevet48 Posts: 4Member
I put The Flash season 2 on series link (Pick channel 11, 7pm). When I went into my recordings to watch episodes 2 & 3, it had recorded Supergirl as well - I had this on series link before, watched all the episodes broadcasted then they stopped it, it's now on again from season 1.
I checked the problem again just now by moving ahead in guide to monday, put The Flash on series link and straight away Supergirl is put on series link too.

Comments

• RoyRoy Posts: 15,249Member ✭✭✭
    If you cancel the Supergirl series link, does that also cancel the The Flash series link?

I’m just wondering if your old series link for Supergirl has resurrected itself, which it would do up to about 18 weeks after the last series stopped, if the same Series CRID were being reused.

The other, and more likely perhaps, option is that Pick have used the same CRID for both series, in which case the ‘series’, if you let it record, will intermingle the two.
    This might at last be getting back to the YouView that I knew.  :|
    Holding my breath....
  • stevet48stevet48 Posts: 4Member
    It happens either way round, if I series link Supergirl, The Flash is linked too. Cannot delete one without affecting the other, so they must be using the same CRID.
  • VisionmanVisionman Posts: 9,536Member ✭✭✭
    Pick (Channel 11) are notorious for poor CRIDs and dodgy start and end times. 
  • LukеLukе Posts: 31Member
    edited 8 June 2019, 5:29PM
    Roy said:
    The other, and more likely perhaps, option is that Pick have used the same CRID for both series, in which case the ‘series’, if you let it record, will intermingle the two.
    Looking at the series CRIDs, yes, that is what they have done.  This means that as far as any youview, or freeview box, is concerned selecting and of the programmes to record its series will record both The Flash and Supergirl.
    @stevet48  Unfortunately, as youview does not have repeat manual timers, the only choices are: to record all, or record each episode that you want separately, or not record at all.
  • zulu17zulu17 Posts: 955Member ✭✭
    The evidence from a Freeview EPG confirms the use of the same series crid by  Pick. 

• SarahSarah Posts: 1,357Administrator admin
    Hi @steve48

Thanks for raising this and thanks @zulu17 for the screenshots with the CRIDs on. This has been raised to Digital UK and is being looked into now :) 

Thanks,
    Sarah
  • SarahSarah Posts: 1,357Administrator admin
    Hi @steve48 

Just to give an update on this, Sky (who own Pick) have informed us that this is intentional as part of their 'Superhero Summer' so the CRIDs will not be changed in this instance. 

Content providers choose what they classify as a series and as well as the traditional way we view a series, some content providers will also use series linking for programmes as part of an event like this so the user won't miss any of it.

Thanks,
    Sarah
    edited 11 June 2019, 2:44PM
    Sarah said:
    Hi @steve48 

Just to give an update on this, Sky (who own Pick) have informed us that this is intentional as part of their 'Superhero Summer' so the CRIDs will not be changed in this instance. 

Content providers choose what they classify as a series and as well as the traditional way we view a series, some content providers will also use series linking for programmes as part of an event like this so the user won't miss any of it.

Thanks,
    Sarah

Wow. Sky just put the CRID in CRåp IDea.....
    Holding my breath....
    Sky making a user record content they don't want... a new low for them.
  • robotmanrobotman Posts: 152Member
    That is one crazy idea Sky have come up with. Incredible!!! Surely if people were interested in the other shows they would know to record them without Sky messing with their recordings/planners.
    Dipping in and out. More out than in :D
    Its known as 'push content'. The provider can push content to a boxes disc (30% RESERVED). But I've never heard of anyone doing it for recordings as well. Until now.

SKY push content to sky HD boxes and Sky Q boxes into a 30% reserved disc space to users boxes. YouView do this too, only in a totally different way. Its called Discover and its content recommendations are stored in the cloud (basically in a server) and not the disc.
    Which in reality is 'Push' content which isn't pushed. Its a choice.
    @Visionman, I find it very odd  that you call Discover ‘content’.

By that token, wouldn’t you have to call the EPG ‘push content’ as well?
    Holding my breath....
  • zulu17zulu17 Posts: 955Member ✭✭
    Looking at my Freeview and Youview EPG guides (Crystal Palace ) transmitter and the Youview app there appears to be a current issue with the programme data for Pick from 7am on Monday 17 June, No Information appears available from then (7am 17 June} , no programme info  for the 18 or 19 June.

• robotmanrobotman Posts: 152Member
    edited 12 June 2019, 9:09AM
    Visionman said:
    Its known as 'push content'. The provider can push content to a boxes disc (30% RESERVED). But I've never heard of anyone doing it for recordings as well. Until now.

SKY push content to sky HD boxes and Sky Q boxes into a 30% reserved disc space to users boxes. YouView do this too, only in a totally different way. Its called Discover and its content recommendations are stored in the cloud (basically in a server) and not the disc.
    Which in reality is 'Push' content which isn't pushed. Its a choice.
    Back in the day when I had Sky they used to push quite a lot of On Demand content onto my Sky+HD box, hardly any of which I had any interest in watching.
    On BT boxes you sometimes get a prompt about something you may be, or may not be, interested in. That's one option I have turned off in my boxes settings menu  :)
    I'm quite capable of scanning my weekly tv guide magazine and deciding for myself what I wish to watch, I don't need recommendations, 99.9999% of which I wouldn't choose in the 1st place  :)
    Dipping in and out. More out than in :D