Is my T2100 bricked?

NiggleNiggle Member Posts: 78
It's now in a loop ... BT splash screen, then a series of beeps (which I think might be the HDD trying to start up), then the YouView loading screen for about 60s, then back to the BT splash screen.  Landfill?

Comments

• AnaglyptaAnaglypta Member, Super User Posts: 862 ✭✭✭
    Niggle said:
    ............... Landfill?
    No! - Recycle. B)

John.
    "Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity." - George S. Patton
  • GoodbyeGoodbye Time out Posts: 336
    Are you mad....if  it's worse case scenario pop it in a plastic bag and return it to those nice BT chaps and (what's the female equivalent)chapesses
  • NiggleNiggle Member Posts: 78
    Before the eco-brigade go into overdrive, I was being facetious. By 'Landfill?' I mean, is there anything to try, to recover normal operation, or is it hosed?
    You do realise we were pulling your leg. Maintenance mode reset might work but you could lose your recordings. Good luck..
    Thanks, tried that, options 1, 2, and 4.  1 didn't help.  2 and 4 failed, in the sense that it refused to do them.  I might try replacing the HDD someday, but in the meantime I've bought a £130 DTR-T4000 off Amazon.
     Very wise decision.
    Lots of recording space now (1TB) to replace those recordings. Personally I think the T4000 is more aesthetically pleasing then the T2000 but bizarrely not as quite. 
    It was a toss-up between T4000 and a FVP-5000T, but the latter was around double the price.
    Yep, 1TB version, enough to hold a year's worth of garden makeover programs for Mrs Niggle
    Replaced the T2100 HDD, Maintenance Mode 1 Factory Reset, Bob's your uncle.
    So, decided to stick with this box for now, since my TV is only 1080p anyway.