Scheduled recordings have disappeared

wmckiewmckie Posts: 20Member
The MyTV/Scheduled recordings shows "No scheduled recordings", however if I go to the TV guide  future recordings seem to show up as normal (Note:- I've not checked all of my scheduled programs).

I've also scheduled a one off new recording which shows up in the TV guide but not in MyTV/Scheduled also this recording seems to have started ok.

I've tried switching of an back on but makes no difference.

Every thing was fine yesterday but it looks like there was an overnight software update.

I'm a Talk talk customer but I have a Humax DRT2000 box.
Component software 3.6.94(6362f6)
Manufacturer software 32.18.10

Is this a known problem with this update? Any advice on how to rectify the situation.

Thanks

Comments

• VisionmanVisionman Posts: 9,548Member ✭✭✭
    Hi. Have you tried pressing the power button on the box for 8 seconds? Its called a soft reboot.
  • wmckiewmckie Posts: 20Member
    Thanks Vision man, I've not tried that I'll give that a try.
    Hi Visionman, just tried pressing the power button but the problem still exists.
  • SarahSarah Posts: 1,361Administrator admin
    Hi @wmckie 
    Can you let us know if this is happening with all recordings regardless of whether you set them as a single episode recording or a series recording? Despite not showing up in scheduled recordings, does the recordings still take place or does it not record at all?
    Thanks,
    Sarah
    Hi Sarah, this is happening on all recordings single and series, the scheduled recordings do seem to go ahead as normal. Series recordings I did last night are shown in recordings and a single episode recording I did as a test did go ahead.

Thank you.
    Thanks for letting me know. 

If a reboot didn't change anything, I would suggest you give a Maintenance Mode reset (option 2) a try.
    This will log you out of your players/apps, reset any settings you've changed and can also reset any series recordings you've set up so we would recommend that you make note of these before carrying out the reset. 

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks,
    Sarah
    Thanks Sara, I'll give it a try sometime over the weekend and get back to you with the results.

Thanks.
    I know there have been recording problems like you describe, for which a fix was issued. Problematic that yours still persists. Good luck. Oh, try a software update (you never know).
  • roger1roger1 Posts: 69Member
    I have a similar problem as a BT customer rather than a talk talk with the same hardware and software.
    Hi roger1. The line doesn't matter, its the problem that does. As above, try this -

Maintenance Mode reset (option 2)
  • roger1roger1 Posts: 69Member
    Thanks Visionman, like you I have multiple boxes. As you suspected the problem was caused by an incorrect software load. The problem corrected itself overnight indicating presumably that the disk copy was ok.
    Thanks again
    Hello Sara & Visionman,

Tried Maintenance Mode reset (option2) as suggested but the problem still exists, the MyTV/Scheduled recordings still shows "No scheduled recordings".

In doing this reset I noticed a couple of things which were unexpected, as follows:-

1.When I was going through the EPG to reinstate my recording schedule I noticed that all the record requests on my subscribed channels (SKYOne, SKYWitness, FOX etc) had not disappeared i.e. the red record pending icon was still showing in the EPG. All of the terrestrial TV record requests had gone as expected.

2. When I looked at the main YouView menu the two new sections, TV Shows and Films, weren't there, the Discover section was. I checked the Settings and the Component software was 3.6.62(27b97a) even though the setup after reset did a search for the latest software.

3. I did a manual Update Software which did another update but after this the Component software was 3.6.74(1764b0), still not the latest 3.6.94(6362f6).

After the above I scheduled a one off recording which worked although it never appeared in MyTV/Scheduled recordings, also two series recordings for Sunday night went ahead, I’ve watched one of them and it was OK.

This morning I checked and there has been no change MyTV/Scheduled recordings still shows "No scheduled recordings", and the Component software is still 3.6.74(1764b0) there was no automatic update overnight. I’ve just tried another manual Update Software but the message is “Software is up to date”

What next?

• Claire TwineClaire Twine Posts: 52Member
    edited 24 June 2019, 6:53PM
    I have the exact same problem but has happened today. I don’t know when it happened today as my  DTR-T2000 has recorded 3 programs. I have unplugged and reset but no scheduled recordings show. But they do show on my YouView App and they show on the EPG guide. Will have to wait and wee if anything records as my next recording is in just over an hour at 9pm.

Oh, and I am neither a Talk Talk or BT customer, I bought my box from an independent shop (thankfully still within guarantee if this becomes a major issue)!!
    edited 25 June 2019, 9:37AM
    wmckie said:
    Hello Sara & Visionman,

Tried Maintenance Mode reset (option2) as suggested but the problem still exists, the MyTV/Scheduled recordings still shows "No scheduled recordings".

In doing this reset I noticed a couple of things which were unexpected, as follows:-

1.When I was going through the EPG to reinstate my recording schedule I noticed that all the record requests on my subscribed channels (SKYOne, SKYWitness, FOX etc) had not disappeared i.e. the red record pending icon was still showing in the EPG. All of the terrestrial TV record requests had gone as expected.

2. When I looked at the main YouView menu the two new sections, TV Shows and Films, weren't there, the Discover section was. I checked the Settings and the Component software was 3.6.62(27b97a) even though the setup after reset did a search for the latest software.

3. I did a manual Update Software which did another update but after this the Component software was 3.6.74(1764b0), still not the latest 3.6.94(6362f6).

After the above I scheduled a one off recording which worked although it never appeared in MyTV/Scheduled recordings, also two series recordings for Sunday night went ahead, I’ve watched one of them and it was OK.

This morning I checked and there has been no change MyTV/Scheduled recordings still shows "No scheduled recordings", and the Component software is still 3.6.74(1764b0) there was no automatic update overnight. I’ve just tried another manual Update Software but the message is “Software is up to date”

What next?

Hi @wmckie

In your first message you mentioned that your scheduled recordings were still showing up in the guide, just to clarify, was this just the scheduled recordings for subscription channels or was this for Freeview channels as well? 

I'm a little confused about which component software you have as your initial message said you have 3.6.94 but your recent message says that you're now on 3.6.74, it'd be useful if you could clarify this for us so we can better understand the situation. 

Can you let us know some examples of programmes which do not show up in the scheduled recordings list along with the channels they're on so we can test this on our boxes here? 

I have the exact same problem but has happened today. I don’t know when it happened today as my  DTR-T2000 has recorded 3 programs. I have unplugged and reset but no scheduled recordings show. But they do show on my YouView App and they show on the EPG guide. Will have to wait and wee if anything records as my next recording is in just over an hour at 9pm.

Oh, and I am neither a Talk Talk or BT customer, I bought my box from an independent shop (thankfully still within guarantee if this becomes a major issue)!!
    Hi Claire, 

Can you let us know if any of your recordings went ahead from last night? If they did but there's still nothing showing in scheduled recordings despite ones being set, please let us know which programmes with the channels they're on so we can test them here.

Can you also let us know the software & component version your box is on? You can find this by pressing Help and then Info on your remote.

Thanks,
    Sarah

Just checked my DRT2000, there's no change Component software is still 3.6.74(1764b0) tried another manual Update Software but the message still is “Software is up to date”.

Has version 3.6.94 been removed because it's bad?

Hi Claire, thanks for joining in, the more people that report this the better to make YouView react and fix the fault. It's interesting that your independent of TalkTalk and BT, I think this demonstrates that the problem (and therefore the resolution) lies entirely with YouView software.

Hi Sarah
    So all my recordings recorded, but my schedule is still empty. Future recordings are shown on the App and on the EPG guide. 
    Channels and programs are BBC4 Peaky Blinders, Forces TV The Equalizer, ITV Judge Rinder, BBC 1 London Kills, Pick TV A Haunting, 5USA Law and Order Criminal Intent. I think that’s all but as you can see there are really no common channels and the times vary from daytime to evening.
    i don’t have an info button under Help but looking at software settings my component software is 3.6.94(6362f6) Manufacturer software is 32.18.10 and the box last checked for an update today.

Hope this helps.
    My pleasure wmckie.

have had many minor issues in the past but this one is frustrating as I don’t know whether to add any more programs to record in case it stops scheduling altogether. Hopefully it just needs a new software update.
    Hi Sarah
    So all my recordings recorded, but my schedule is still empty. Future recordings are shown on the App and on the EPG guide. 
    Channels and programs are BBC4 Peaky Blinders, Forces TV The Equalizer, ITV Judge Rinder, BBC 1 London Kills, Pick TV A Haunting, 5USA Law and Order Criminal Intent. I think that’s all but as you can see there are really no common channels and the times vary from daytime to evening.
    i don’t have an info button under Help but looking at software settings my component software is 3.6.94(6362f6) Manufacturer software is 32.18.10 and the box last checked for an update today.

Hope this helps.
    Thanks for this information Claire. Can you please try un-scheduling them in the guide and then re-scheduling them again and let us know if this makes them appear in the Scheduled Recordings page? 

Thanks,
    Sarah

Hi Sarah,

All of my scheduled programs show up in the guide, that is all channels, subscription and Freeview, none of them show up in MyTV/Scheduled.

The component software situation is this:-

Last Thursday (20th June) when I noticed the fault the version was 3.6.94, I’m assuming that there was an automatic update in the early hours as the day before everything was fine and the new menu items (TV Shows and Films) weren't there.

On Sunday (23rd June) following your advice I did Maintenance Mode Factory Reset (option2), immediately after that I checked and the version was 3.6.62. I did a manual request for update and got an update to 3.6.74,

Since Sunday I’ve done several manual requests and got “Software is up to date”.

This morning (25th June) I did another manual update request and got the same result, still 3.6.74. Just before I sat down to type this I did another request, this time I got an update and are now back at 3.6.94.

Even though I’m now back at 3.6.94 the fault still persists, I’ve just tried scheduling some recordings on Freeview and subscribed channels both series and one episode requests, none appeared in MyTV/Scheduled but all were in the guide.

Programs I’ve currently got scheduled are:

The Planets - Tuesday @ 21:00 BBC2 HD

Brooklyn Nine-Nine - @ 21:00 E4

The Rookie – Thursday @ 21:00 SKY Witness

Catch 22 – Thursday @ 21:00 CH4+1 HD

Modern Family – Friday @ 20:30 SKYOne

F1 Qualifying Highlights - Saturday @ 18:30 CH4 HD

F1 Race Highlights - Sunday @ 19:00 CH4 HD

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D – Sunday @ 21:00 E4

Appollo’s Moon Shot - Monday @ 20:00 Smithsonian

Lucifer - Monday @ 21:00 FOX

None of the above appear in MyTv/Scheduled, but all show up in the guide.

Hope this clarifies and helps.

Walter

Hi Sarah. Already tried that but still not showing on the Schedule list.

At least I can see them on my App!
    Ok, so it’s 1:00am and my box has been on most of the day. Just about to turn it off and my scheduled list has reappeared!
    Thanks for this info @wmckie & @Claire Twine. We're glad to hear your scheduled recordings have reappeared Claire.

We're still looking into this at the moment and are unsure what is causing this to happen at the moment but as we've been able to replicate it on the boxes we have in the office, it'll help our team who are investigating.

I'll update you once I have some news to share :) 

Thanks,
    Sarah
    Hello Sarah,
    Thanks for the update if there are any changes at my end I'll let you know.

Hello Claire,
    Glad to hear everything is back to normal.

Walter
    Hi Sarah. Not that this matters but it may be connected, I have lost the pictures on my Recordings. There are pictures on the Scheduled Recordings page. It doesn’t matter to me if there are pictures or not but it may or may not be connected?
    Hi Sarah. Not that this matters but it may be connected, I have lost the pictures on my Recordings. There are pictures on the Scheduled Recordings page. It doesn’t matter to me if there are pictures or not but it may or may not be connected?
    Hi Claire,
    I'll check with our team to see if this may be connected. The pictures are stored in the cloud so it may be that it's loaded some of them but not all of them, sometimes a box reboot or maintenance mode can help with this. 
    Thanks,
    Sarah

Hi Sarah,

Just noticed a small additional problem which may or may not be connected.

The BBC/iPlayer feature of pressing and holding the OK button to restart a live program has stopped working.

Thanks

Walter

Hi Walter, 
    I don't think it's related to this issue specifically however we will look into this as a separate issue. Can you please let us know the following:
    • Explain the behaviour you are experiencing when trying to launch BBC start again
    • Confirm if this is on your T2000 or on a different box
    • Which programmes you tried this with
    • Do you see the 'Hold OK to restart' text 
    Thanks,
    Sarah
    Hi @wmckie

We believe you may have been affected by an bug we fixed today which caused the BBC start again feature to not be available for T2000 devices.

We have fixed this now so you can try updating your software now and receive it. If you don't manually update it, it'll update overnight as long as you are connected to the internet. For more info see here

Please let us know how you get on once you've updated.

Thanks,
    Sarah
    Hello Sarah,

The update at the weekend cured the BBC/iPlayer program restart, thanks for that.

Any updates on the scheduled list problem.

Walter
  • Louise MurdochLouise Murdoch Posts: 71Administrator admin
    Hi @wmckie

We're still looking into this issue here.

Could you confirm if the programmes you schedule to record, successfully do so? 
    Additionally, are you seeing the series record icon in the guide for series recordings made?

Thanks,
    Louise.