IPlayer uhd on BT boxes

scottscott Posts: 1,999Member ✭✭✭
Wimbledon in uhd via the iPlayer on the BT boxes is now working. Slow to get there but managed it eventually.

Comments

• Peskdale61Peskdale61 Posts: 82Member
    Confirmed - watching it now on my T4000.

Oddly, *something* is causing my TV to reconfigure when I start and/or stop the stream, but I'm not getting any sort of HDR. Anyone know if there is supposed to be HDR on this feed via Youview?

The only other time I see my TV do this is when it switches to/from HDR mode on the Netflix app, so I can't figure out if it's a bug on the Wimbledon feed.

BT article: https://tv.bt.com/tv/tv-from-bt/wimbledon-watch-stream-channel-listings-4k-11364375459076
  • scottscott Posts: 1,999Member ✭✭✭
    Unfortunately the BT box does not do HDR so is only UHD SDR, on this box anyway ;)
  • VisionmanVisionman Posts: 9,495Member ✭✭✭
    Naughty, naughty...  :D
  • scottscott Posts: 1,999Member ✭✭✭
    Visionman said:
    Naughty, naughty...  :D
     Not me..lol

https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Sport-on-TV-Online-player-or/BT-Sport-Price-Changes-no-mention-of-HDR/td-p/1950146/page/2

You can enjoy the new upgrade on our apps (iOS, Android, Samsung tv, Apple TV, Xbox, PlayStation) when we launch. But I’m afraid hardware takes longer to develop and we didn’t want to keep the millions of people who use the app to watch content to be held back by that.
    Understand it’s frustrating but as I say, we are working on it 🙂
  • stereohavenstereohaven Posts: 60Member
    This is just a general statement not directed at anyone at all:

"If someone or no one was testing a new 4K box potentially with HDR can you please insist they sort out the soft picture on the new box that doesn't exist?"

I think that covers it.  ;)
  • robotmanrobotman Posts: 130Member
    And by soft I'm guessing you mean the poor HD picture output from the current 4K box. It's nothing near the quality of my previous T2100.
    Living in a land where time is a percentage, not minutes or hours...........
  • stereohavenstereohaven Posts: 60Member
    Yep. I have a T4000, T2100, T2200 and a retail T2000 in the house and the T4000 has the worst picture quality.
    The irony is not lost on me!