Humax Retail - Feature Release on 32.18.10 / 3.6.94 - Voice Search with Amazon Alexa

2»

Comments

• redchizredchiz Posts: 4,942Member ✭✭✭
    BT have just flagged it as "coming soon" unless I misunderstand their announcement? Seriously, you aren't missing much.
  • VisionmanVisionman Posts: 9,511Member ✭✭✭
    edited 15 July 2019, 6:54PM
    The Community forum is looked after by the BT Care team, but they are just spokespeople for any information given or passed to them. Its more probable the person who gave him the duff info meant 'On BT boxes.'
  • zulu17zulu17 Posts: 950Member ✭✭
    I imagine the Bt community thread was in response to Press Release from Youview yesterday 15 July about voice search  which includes the statement.

“Voice enabled search is initially being made available to a range of devices within YouView’s base of retail set-top boxes and will be coming to BT TV and TalkTalk TV homes soon. “

https://www.youview.com/2019/07/15/voice-search-youview-makes-even-easier-find-youre-looking/

• robotmanrobotman Posts: 140Member
    scott said:
    And it was originally posted at 11.02 am (before it was edited after 12:00) so how could it been at noon today lol. Maybe he just forgot to press send on the 25th and has just realised as it is actually being released today on BT boxes ;)
    The number of times I have saw "coming today" or "coming Monday" on this site and on other sites across the Web from the same person, and then nothing "comes today" or "comes Monday", must be embarrassing for anyone (usually the same person under a different guise) posting this stuff. You'd think their 'source' would be a bit more honest with them ;) (mustn't forget the wink).
    Living in a land where time is a percentage, not minutes or hours...........
  • scottscott Posts: 2,002Member ✭✭✭
    edited 17 July 2019, 4:13PM
    robotman said:
    scott said:
    And it was originally posted at 11.02 am (before it was edited after 12:00) so how could it been at noon today lol. Maybe he just forgot to press send on the 25th and has just realised as it is actually being released today on BT boxes ;)
    The number of times I have saw "coming today" or "coming Monday" on this site and on other sites across the Web from the same person, and then nothing "comes today" or "comes Monday", must be embarrassing for anyone (usually the same person under a different guise) posting this stuff. You'd think their 'source' would be a bit more honest with them ;) (mustn't forget the wink).

I was just joking not stating any intention...I only ever use one name (may be slightly different on each site I frequent but it is obvious and never more than one) so not sure what you are getting at about different guise's. Release dates are always subject to change even from the most knowledgeable people in a company everyone is always just guessing and will be wrong 90% of the time. Maybe someone else should take a note on what they say as they have made a proper statement saying 'they were told it was coming this week'. Care to ask your source where that came from.

'No sign of it here @scott as yet. I was told later in the week. Again, does anyone know what's going on over there?'

Anything I know for certain I can't say as that would be breaking an NDA, anything I don't know for certain I can guess at (sometimes an educated guess and sometimes a complete stab in the dark) exactly the same as everyone else on here.

Feel free to ignore everything I say, anyone that takes what I say as gospel really doesn't understand about companies testing and releasing new features. Things can (and often are) pulled literally minutes before being released and sometimes will never see the light of day, it's all part of the fun ;) (yes the wink was on purpose this time but amended my original post to make it more obvious).

edited 17 July 2019, 5:29PM
    @scott I would love to share my source but that would 'out' my position when it comes to testing & 'inside knowledge' of certain AV products available in the UK market. I'm sure you understand as I am well aware you get the opportunity to test some of the functionality proposed for YV devices (and quite possibly some others) at consumer level.

I am more than aware of how quickly plans can change and how speedily an upgrade can get pulled even mere seconds from release. I think the gen pop would be surprised at how often this happens in the real world :(

BTW, I quoted your earlier post to draw attention to what I wanted to say, there are more than just yourself who participate in internet fora and 'tease' out little snippets here and there. I'm sorry if I worded my post in such a way as to imply you were alone in that field :) (I've been guilty of the same in the past but got my knuckles rapped by my superiors)  :D
  • redchizredchiz Posts: 4,942Member ✭✭✭
    Oh dear.
    redchiz said:
    Oh dear.
    :D
  • I do like this new feature but it would be great if you could then select an item from the list and play rather than going back to the remote.