No TV guide?

JohnAJohnA Posts: 1Member
edited 19 July 2019, 3:48PM in Support
Error YVM401 unable to load TV guide. Have switched box on and off to no avail. Has anyone else had this problem and got a solution? All my apps work etc.
After rebooting my box countless times my guide info has come back up. 

Comments

• I have the same problem and even though I’ve rebooted I still have no guide or mini guide list 
  • SarahSarah Posts: 1,294Administrator admin
    Hi @JohnA

Apologies for missing your post before. Are you still encountering the same issue? If so, please let us know your YouView box model along with the software it's running on. These can be found by pressing Help and then Info on your remote control.

@Anniedeehughes It'd also be useful to get your box and software information if possible. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

• arwynnearwynne Posts: 3Member
    Hi Sarah, we are also having exactly the same problem. If you keep restarting the box it eventually comes up. Where do we post this info to?
    Thanks
    Hi @arwynne
    Welcome to the forum :) 
    Can you please let me know the YouView box model you are using along with the software version it's running on? It'd also be useful to know how your box is connected to the internet and if you've checked your aerial.
    Thanks,
    Sarah
    Hi Sarah, Thank you for the reply - the box is a Humax DTRT2100. S/w vers is CDS/32.23.50  It comes via the BT router and aerial line into the back of the box.
    We haven't checked the aerial as that would need someone to go up on the roof. 
    Thanks! 
    Also, Sarah, it is now dropping out of Netflix; freezing and then restarting itself; the sound went out of sync, and is generally very slow to start up... 
    Thanks for letting us know @arwynne. Can you please give a maintenance mode option 2 a try? This will keep your recordings but will wipe your player logins, settings and scheduled recordings so would suggest that you make note of these if needed before carrying our the maintenance mode. You can find the instructions for how to do this here

Thanks,
    Sarah
  • wallacewallace Posts: 1Member
    I have the same problems. Reboot not helping
  • John LJohn L Posts: 263Member
    wallace said:
    I have the same problems. Reboot not helping
    Hi Wallace, welcome to the forum, a "reboot"  may not solve your problem, you need to carefully follow the instructions for maintenance mode option 2, which is more detailed, as per Sarah message above. Hopefully this will solve your problem. John L
  • AnniewanAnniewan Posts: 4Member
    Hi, I'm having a continual problem with no information guide -  YVM401.
    ive tried rebooting several times, sometimes with works other times it doesn't. Upon reading other comments how do I find maintenance option 2? Any help gratefully accepted.

thanks Anne W
    Hi Anne,
    Good morning to you. Welcome to the forum. You won't find the maintenance mode 2 within box menus or the instructions. Full detailed instructions can be found if you do a search at the top of this webpage under support. Simply type in the keyword "maintenance" and you should find the link. Hopefully this solve your problem. Let us know how you get on. John L
    Hi Anne,
    In case you are still trying to find instructions, here is the webpage link:
    https://support.youview.com/youview-box/box-and-remote/using-maintenance-mode/

Simply follow the instructions for your Youview model. Hopefully this will resolve your problem. Let us know how you get on. John L

Hello John L, thank you for your help but to be honest I'm not finding the instructions very easy to follow!!  It frightens me to try and carry this procedure out and lose all my previous settings!! Is there any other way to try and get my TV guide back? It's so annoying not being able to record.

There must be an easier way - surely??

thank you Anne W
    Hi Anne,
    Which model do you have? The instructions are listed for different models. It should be very straight forward, unless you are not used to reseting tv pvrs. They all have similar setup. All you need to do is turn off/turn on again, at the SAME time press the button (button procedure varies by which model you have) to get box to go into maintenance mode. Just be careful when selecting option on maintenance menu. Honestly it's very straight forward once you do the process in correct sequence. If you still run into problems, contact Sarah at Youview on Monday morning. John L
    Hi again John,

my model is DTR-T2000/GB/500GB and I have never had to reset to pvrs.

Can you please tell me why this error occurs.

thanks again Anne W

Just to add Anne, if you select the correct mode: as Sarah recommended mode 2, you will not lose your recordings. Hopefully the box will restore your schedule s automatically shorty after everything is reset, as the details are stored on Youview cloud server. I would recommend before reseting noting down your schedules plus your settings from menus. I have to on my Freesat, Freeview and Youview boxes when they run into problems. Technology still is in development stage, Youview is brilliant with regards the cloud keeping your data. Trust I have helped and explained more. Let us know how you get on Anne. John L
    Just seen your message Anne, don't worry about error code. All pvr's, especially Youview boxes run into problems. You don't need to know all the technical stuff, I have a T2000, so simply turn off at the plug switch, make sure you are near to the front of Youview box, to be able to press front button as per instructions, I don't have them to hand, when you switch back on against mains switch. You might find you have to try a few times if you don't get the routine correct. It's not frightening, but I do understand it's nerve-racking if you have never done this before. Anne, once you have done it, you will be more confident next time. Yes they do have bugs from time to time. Good luck! Let us know how you get on. John L
    Hi again John L, I just wanted to say a huge thank you to you for encouraging me to complete a maintenance mode 2! It worked!! As you know I was really worried about doing it as I'd never done this before.

once again thank you for all your assistance, you give a great service, and I will not hesitate to recommend to my friends and family.

kinf regards

Anne W
    Anniewan said:
    Hi again John L, I just wanted to say a huge thank you to you for encouraging me to complete a maintenance mode 2! It worked!! As you know I was really worried about doing it as I'd never done this before.

once again thank you for all your assistance, you give a great service, and I will not hesitate to recommend to my friends and family.

kinf regards

Anne W
    Hi Anne W,
    You are truly welcome! That's what this forum is all about. Helping other users. You can now sit back and enjoy using your Youview box with the confidence of knowing what to do next time. They all have their moments, rather like humans do! Thank you for letting us know how you got on. Hopefully this reset and fixed the problem. John L