BT software update 32.41.0 / 3.6.168

SarahSarah Administrator Posts: 1,622 admin
Hi all, 

Please use this thread to discuss the most recent BT software update 32.41.0 / 3.6.168 for T2100, T2200 and T4000 devices.

This update introduces the features of TV Shows & Films, Continue Watching On Demand and Watch List.

Thanks,
Sarah

Comments

• deedee36deedee36 Member Posts: 62
    Is this available to download now??
  • jimbjimb Member, Super User Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭
    deedee36 said:
    Is this available to download now??
    If you try a manual update today you might get it  :)
  • scottscott Member, Super User Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭
    about time lol 😝 
    Mine is a dtrt2110 doesn’t seem to be updating 
  • scottscott Member, Super User Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭
    deedee36 said:
    If you look here you will see that is not part of this rollout

https://support.youview.com/youview-box/software-updates/latest-software-versions/
    Just seen that 
    do you think it will be update at some point?
    scott said:
    deedee36 said:
    If you look here you will see that is not part of this rollout

https://support.youview.com/youview-box/software-updates/latest-software-versions/

I was about to say "So does that leave the T2110 two steps behind the T2100?  :o"
    But in fact that page is incorrect. 
    My T2110 is on 32.36.0.
  • John LJohn L Member, Super User Posts: 659 ✭✭
    edited 28 January 2020, 8:36AM
    Sarah said:
    Hi all, 

Please use this thread to discuss the most recent BT software update 32.41.0 / 3.6.168 for T2100, T2200 and T4000 devices.

This update introduces the features of TV Shows & Films, Continue Watching On Demand and Watch List.

Thanks,
    Sarah

A BIG Thank you Sarah & to the Youview team. This is one of the main features that 2 of our BT 2100 boxes have been awaiting for nearly 3 years from when NextGen was released onto our pvrs. I look forward to the revamp for the darkened banner when fast forwarding/rewinding recordings. Hopefully this fix won't take as long to release (!)  Example of banner attached & what it hopefully can be in future. Other brands can do, hopefully Youview can improve/fix as per original Youview design. I appreciate all the new features, but surely there is a way of fixing this/even lightening the banner background/providing an adjustment or turn on/off function? Thank you again for the "Discover" features now on BT2100 boxes. Long overdue, but appreciated. An early New Year's present to all Youview users. Thank you. John L
    Can't wait for the day when Youview get rid of the dreaded darkened banner when using fast forward/rewind recordings. 
  • zulu17zulu17 Member, Super User Posts: 1,028 ✭✭
    Although I don't have a zapper box T2200 I suspect that this release probably  introduces MY TV for the first time on these boxes - perhaps that should be mentioned  in the release notes
    zulu17 said:
    Although I don't have a zapper box T2200 I suspect that this release probably  introduces MY TV for the first time on these boxes - perhaps that should be mentioned  in the release notes

Seems to me that the release notes are pretty mixed up and very confusing. 
    There's a bit of text about Continue Watching On Demand in the middle of the description of TV Shows & Films. 
    Maybe someone will sort this out tomorrow. 
  • SarahSarah Administrator Posts: 1,622 admin
    Hiya,
    The Software page and release comms have now been updated :) 
    @deedee36 The BT Retail devices usually get the update once the roll out has been completed for the box models mentioned in my post above. We don't have exact dates for this but it's usually within 3-4 weeks depending on how the release goes. 
    Thanks,
    Sarah
    Love this update especially the continue watching it’s just a pity Netflix wasn’t integrated into it the same way now TV movies are able to continue watching 
    Hi deedee36,
    Yes it indeed is the best update release onto all now the boxes since NextGen was released approx 3 years+ ago. I find it very useful & hope to use it more on my BT2100. The T2000 retail boxes have had this release for quite a while now, so it's great everyone can now use it. Best New year's present!  If you can think of anything else that needs improving on this/any ideas, please let the forum know/hopefully Youview will look into the ideas. John L
    Can't wait for the day when Youview get rid of the dreaded darkened banner when using fast forward/rewind recordings. 
    Hi John thanks for the reply as I said would be great to have Netflix integrated as well
  • UrsaUrsa Member Posts: 78
    Fix the irksome situation where, when watching a Recording, YouView switches Channels so that another Recording can start - so when you finish watching the first one you are dumped out of 'MyTV' to watch the 'Swithcee' channel - why not just leave things so you stay in 'MyTV' & can do what you wanted to do anyway !
  • PB54PB54 Member Posts: 3
    edited 1 February 2020, 8:29AM
    Other than the iOS YouView app not working now (mentioned in another thread) i have found that even though I have parental controls switched off, the box is asking for a PIN for certain channels and programs such as Crime and Investigation.
  • zulu17zulu17 Member, Super User Posts: 1,028 ✭✭
    @PB54 if a channel is broadcastiing rated content earlier than the standard watershed times for that rating then it would request a PIN.
  • PB54PB54 Member Posts: 3
    Ah that makes sense. Thank you.
  • I find the new combined My TV view to be confusing. I don’t care what I’ve been watching on demand. Is there any way to turn this back to the way it used to work, so just recordings showed up when I go onto My TV?
    Hi Martin,
    Sadly no, Youview write the software & they provide updates to fix problems, but at the same time, it doesn't suit everyone. But, I agree with you, there should be a setting to adjust the Youview box to your own liking for some of the frontscreen settings. You get used to a daily routine & it works for YOU, then the Software development team add a feature/change a few things, but yes it would be nice to change back/decide your preferences. Have you tried any other pvrs Martin? Some of the older models are more customizable. John L
  • Chris A.Chris A. Member Posts: 74
    My box(es) are BT 2100's. Not tied to BT contracts though, they are boxes I bought on ebay. Anyway, no sign of this update yet??
  • DarrenDarren Member, Super User Posts: 385 ✭✭
    My BT retail box got the update this morning. At lest 2 weeks after the BT box that I got from BT. 
    So BT must still be updating there BT retail boxes.

Darren
  • John C1John C1 Member Posts: 33
    I noticed this update had arrived on my retail BT2110 a couple of days ago...
  • Louise MurdochLouise Murdoch Administrator Posts: 94 admin
    Hi @Darren & @John C1,

Would you both be able to go to the Help application (pressing Help on your remote), and (i) to bring up the 'About your YouView Box' screen, and let me know what Software Version is listed there?

Thank you,
    Louise.
    On my BT retail box software version is CDS/32.36.0

Darren
  • VisionmanVisionman Member, Super User Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭
    CDS? Are you on a trial?
    I'm now happy with the disagree icon, because its gone.
    edited 21 February 2020, 9:21PM
    I'm not on a trial as far as I know.
    The BT Youview box that I got from BT says software version CDS/32.42.0

Darren
  • John C1John C1 Member Posts: 33
    On my 2110 it is saying software version CDS/32.36.0

John
  • windywindy Member Posts: 2
    edited 22 February 2020, 9:15PM
    Why cant i watch a program thats currently recording on our BT youview box.  If a program is recording we used to be able to play it from the beginning but now it just ignores the ok button.  Programs that have finished recording play ok.  This has happened since this upgrade.  A major setback in my view.

edited 22 February 2020, 10:07PM
    Hi Windy, welcome to the forum. I'm another Youview user.
    I have just tested what you mention on my pvr and all seems to be working fine. Can provide more detail: model of box, eg are you watching same channel before recording starts, can you swap channels and then return to live buffer of channel with recording, rewind back to beginning of recording from the live screen or is the problem happening from the MyTv recording icon when you press ok? Should work ok, unless either your remote has problem or the hard drive buffer which has an continuis 2 hour buffer might have got corrupted? Be interested to know status. If still a problem, trying rebooting pvr. John L