Channel change issues

azarojasazarojas Member Posts: 2
This discussion was created from comments split from: 700MHz Clearance events 2019 - Loss of channels & aerial upgrades.

Comments

• azarojasazarojas Member Posts: 2
    Hello! I had thia problem with some channels like Itv, channel 4... since November. I've contacted Bt several times and the TSG helpline but no one seems to help. I have connected and reconnected many times but I can only see the Bbc channels. My aerial provider is Whitehawk Hill and I believe they were some changes done in Nov but we can't still see the channels. Any advice?? Thank you
  • John LJohn L Member, Super User Posts: 658 ✭✭
    edited 9 February 2020, 4:40PM
    Welcome to the forum. Have you checked your signal strength on Youview on problem channels. Both signal strength/ quality should be high. Do you use an aerial booster? I use several around my home, it should improve signal. Also do the same channel tune method on your TV tuner (try testing directly to aerial feed from outside aerial). Your aerial might need adjustment/upgrade depending on reception problems. Hopefully I have given you some help. Let us know how you get on. John L
    Can't wait for the day when Youview get rid of the dreaded darkened banner when using fast forward/rewind recordings. 
  • SarahSarah Administrator Posts: 1,622 admin
    Hi @azarojas
    Welcome to the forum. 
    It sounds like you may need a new aerial to deal with the changes caused by any of the previous 700MHz clearance events. Have you tried calling the Freeview Advice Line? They can usually provide a bit more information regarding aerial types and if you need to upgrade it. Their number is: 03456 50 50 50
    Thanks,
    Sarah