BT announces new ‘flexible’ TV packages including Now TV

13»

Comments

• WelshPaulWelshPaul Member Posts: 38
    I have a T2000, T2100, T2110 and a T4000. I only have NOWTV Cinema available to watch. I'm pretty confident that the retail units will not receive an update but was hoping that the BT models would... I guess I will find out tomorrow. :/
  • deedee36deedee36 Member Posts: 50
    same here same here I wanna ditch the now stick and use one remote 
  • VisionmanVisionman Member Posts: 9,668 ✭✭✭
    edited 20 February 2020, 10:57PM
    deedee36 said:
    What do you mean by that??
    All boxes will not be updated??

I mean there will be no retail announcement tomorrow, nothing more.
  • DarrenDarren Member Posts: 311 ✭✭
    Think you need BT broadband/BT Fibre to get the updates to the Youview boxes and its only boxes BT give you and BT retail boxes that are getting this update.
    The Sky channels are not shown up on the epg on the BT TV app. 
    Wonder if you need to download the Now TV app to watch the channels on the go.

Darren
  • croftcroft Member Posts: 60
    Visionman said:
    deedee36 said:
    What do you mean by that??
    All boxes will not be updated??

I mean there will be no retail announcement tomorrow, nothing more.
    Fair enough..... but is it ever going to happen??? 
    I’m thinking a new tv box this year and not YouView.......
  • DarrenDarren Member Posts: 311 ✭✭
    edited 20 February 2020, 11:29PM
    Full Now TV may not come to retail Youview boxes but has or is coming to BT Youview retail boxes. As long as you have BT Broadband/fibre.
    Just waiting for the Now TV app to be fully updated.

Darren
  • Adam_TAdam_T Member Posts: 59
    Hi, i just posted in the other thread but my retail t2100 with plusnet got the new app with all content and the HD boost. Watching Curb on it as i type this... :)
  • VisionmanVisionman Member Posts: 9,668 ✭✭✭
    All I know is if you have BT broadband and sign up for now TV via a YouView box all its content will be recordable, subject to usual subscription restrictions. But if you don't have BT TV they won't. I have no idea if Sky are going to launch the full service to and for everyone, including retail. 

Its relevant and important to remember this isn't a YouView release but a commercial agreement between Sky and BT and its a Sky service, not BT or YouView. So anything that does or doesn't happen with it is totally within the control of Sky, not BT or YouView.

Even though retail user numbers are small, I'd personally be surprised if Sky didn't roll it out to YouViews retail platform at some point in time, as some money is better than none, but it won't be tomorrow. 
    I agree. Looks like it's only being released to those with BT or Plusnet Broadband/TV packages. AHH well! 
    OK so my boxes have all updated and I have the full now TV app. I'm retail with Virgin Media broadband... So we all getting it!
  • jimbjimb Member Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭
    T2000 and TalkTalk works too.
    What unbelievable misinformation has been happening this week   :D
  • kodikidkodikid Member Posts: 170
    Couldn't agree more, that's Why I'm so bloody annoyed with the moderators for not putting any info regarding this to the bewildered masses. What's the point of any forum that exists on speculation and confusion. 
  • croftcroft Member Posts: 60
    Just WOW ........
  • Ken Hill1Ken Hill1 Member Posts: 116
    As anyone got the Sky one channel on 340 epg with now tv so no it on the bttv app but not no the bttv boxs 
  • Ken Hill1Ken Hill1 Member Posts: 116
    It's ok got all the channels from Sky one to Sky Sports and movies on EPG add to update my BT boxs