Youview Humax Remote for DTRT2000 locked to code 1?

mcmorjmcmorj Member Posts: 8
Hi there, 
I read somewhere that youview humax remotes are locked to code 1 (of 6)?
Humax remotes can be set by directing the remote at the device you want it to control, (turning off the other device) then pressing "0" and "OK" buttons simultaneously and holding for five or so seconds - then you get an option to press buttons 1 to 6 to "lock" the remote to the device.

This is an issue because I have bought a replacement remote for my trusty old foxsat HDR and it also simultaneously works my humax youview DTRT2000 - which I am assuming is locked to remote control channel 1? And of course, the new remote does not offer the 1 to 6 options when I press "0" and "OK" simultaneously.

Unless anyone else has any ideas, I guess I need to get a "genuine" Humax Foxsat HDR remote offering the 1 to 6 setting, because I can do nothing about the locked code 1 for my youview DTRT2000?!

Thanks
Joe

Comments

• John LJohn L Member Posts: 497
    Hi Joe,
    I have the Humax 1100s and yes you can change remote setting from 1 to 6, but . . . . Not for your Youview PVR. Maybe worth sending a request for future update to the Youview development team. Not sure if the firmware can be altered for this. John L
    Can't wait for the day when Youview get rid of the dreaded darkened banner when using fast forward/rewind recordings. 
    Just to add Joe, the Foxsat, I also have one, can't be changed sadly. John L
    Can't wait for the day when Youview get rid of the dreaded darkened banner when using fast forward/rewind recordings. 
  • mcmorjmcmorj Member Posts: 8
    Thanks John!
    edited 22 February 2020, 11:39PM
    No problem mcmorj,
    Correction - my apologies . . .
    I found this out for myself when using the Foxsat. But, It's a long while ago when I setup a remote to work with the Foxsat, near to a Youview pvr. There is a method when you use a universal remote. I know it took time to setup as it was not straight forward 5 minute job. I do remember having to copy buttons of Foxsat remote to the universal remote for it to work, as the universal remote with default codes interfered with Youview. So it must have another mode number to change to. Sorry for confusion.

Best advice is to look on the MyHumax Forum. If no help found, ask a question and someone may have full details at hand.
    Shame Youview hadn't thought out the idea in advance when they designed the boxes. John L