Audio Sync Issues

NickB73NickB73 Member Posts: 2
I’ve just changed my TV from a Sony Bravia LCD to a Philips OLED which are outputting sound through a Sonos Beam. Since the change the TV I’ve found that on the BT YouView 4K box (only) I’m receiving the video before the audio. This doesn't impact any other device (Apple Tv, Nintendo Switch or when watching the TV directly). 

It is to be fair driving me mad, but I just cant figure out a way to fix this without changing the YouView box to output in Stereo, which I dont want to do as it effects all the other apps...

Hoping for some inspiration from here :)

Comments

• John LJohn L Member Posts: 517 ✭✭
    Hi NickB73, welcome to forum.
    Have you tried the sync sound adjustment via Youview Settings/Picture Sound? You could even try via the Tv's own sound sync depending on your tv/sound setup. Hopefully you will find this improves problem. Let the forum know how you get on. John L
    Can't wait for the day when Youview get rid of the dreaded darkened banner when using fast forward/rewind recordings. 
  • NickB73NickB73 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the reply, appreciate it. The problem is the video is before the audio, so none of the sync options will work as they only serve to further delay the audio :(
  • John LJohn L Member Posts: 517 ✭✭
    edited 25 February 2020, 8:56AM
    Hi NickB73,
    Have you tested sound via TV's own speakers? If still problems I would suggest contacting Sonos for help. Is there a PCM setting you could try? The problem could even be from TV's optical output setting. Maybe test sound using headphones to try and track down fault from source to speakers. Another thing to check is the delay settings on TV and also Sonos. If you do manage to find answer, please let forum know. Good luck. John L
    Can't wait for the day when Youview get rid of the dreaded darkened banner when using fast forward/rewind recordings.