Youview the future

Is there a long term future to Youview TV?

I am I talktalk customer and have a Huawei 372 youview box, a box model which is their latest although it has been around for about 5 years. I and it seems many other tt customers are finding this box troublesome. Failed recordings & non responsive remote to name but two common issues. The main solution offered is to reset the box and loose at minimum scheduled recordings or all recordings which can be annoying to say the least. 
There does not appear to be any sign of a new model box from tt and I do not see Youview Boxes offered for sale in high street stores, hence my initial question.

Comments

• kodikidkodikid Member Posts: 152
    Not in retail, freeview play will be the default for scroll back tv. Youview will evolve and thrive behind BT's paywall. Talk Talk are not really a serious tv contender in my view.
  • Hosay299Hosay299 Member Posts: 1
    Giraffe72  if u need any help on tv on tt please post in the tt community site the staff on there are better than call and chat staff
  • gsvalentinegsvalentine Member Posts: 161 ✭✭
    YouView is over! It's all about freeview play and freesat now! Since they are getting new stuff, while YouView is removing stuff!
  • croftcroft Member Posts: 60
    edited 21 February 2020, 10:56AM
    😁
  • Giraffe72Giraffe72 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for your replies. It would have interesting as well to hear from a Youview representative for thier understanding on the future of the service. I will look at the situation again when my talktalk contract is due for renewal later this year. The benefit of Youview over Freeview is that I get Sky Sport through the Talktalk service. 
  • WelshPaulWelshPaul Member Posts: 38
    Youview are getting rid of "Youtube Retail" and clearly focusing on BT/PLUSNET TV. The Humax T2000 is now no longer being sold except for old stock that still remains here and there as is the same for the BT T2100 retail box. Getting rid of the Youview app, updating the boxes firmware to lockout anyone from setting up their box without an internet connection, no Amazon Prime app on the Humax T2000 box and reduced functionality of the NOW TV app too. Expect anything new to be aimed at the BT/PLUSNET TV sector.