Midhurst Transmitter and Series Link

SamHSamH Member Posts: 9
Has anybody had any issues with the Midhurst Transmitter and Series Link.   Since we have had to retune the Box in October we have not been able ot series link the majority of programmes although some do work.   This is on a range of channell,s BBC, ITV Channel 5 as examples.   It seems to have only happened since that retune.   I have done a factory reset keep recordings and also the box is a DTR2100 from BT and is on the latest software.   This may not be due to the transmitter but happened around the same time i had initially put up with it but is now starting to get annoying having to set each episode each week and some can easily be missed.   Any help much appreciated.

Comments

• SarahSarah Administrator Posts: 1,486 admin
    Hi @SamH
    Have you tried a retune where you take the aerial out, retune, then plug back in and do another retune? This can sometimes help with some transmitter related issues. 
    It'd be useful if, after you've tried the above, you still get the same problem, please let us know the programme name and the channel (including if it's on HD or +1) so we can check this on our end. 
    Thanks,
    Sarah
  • SamHSamH Member Posts: 9
    edited 26 February 2020, 2:19PM
    Hi Sarah

Thanks for that I have unfortunately not been at home since.   I will aim to try this tonight or tomorrow.

Holby City on BBC1 is an example.   I can't think of any that are currently on +1 or specifically been set for an HD channel.

Regards
    Sam
    Hi Sarah

Just to confirm that doing the retune with the cable out and then in again has made no difference.

Regards
    Sam
  • Louise MurdochLouise Murdoch Administrator Posts: 74 admin
    Hi @SamH

Could you let us know the exact software version your device is on? This can be found by accessing Help and pressing (i) to bring up the Information screen.

Also, are you seeing any errors? YVM302s or YVM305s for example when watching live TV or opening the Main Menu / Guide. Lastly, are recordings succeeding when you have set them?

Thank you,
    Louise.
    Hi Louise

The software version is CDS/32.36.0 

no error codes are shown when accessing the menu/guide/live tv.

yes recordings when set are working.

Regards
    Sam
    Hi Sam, 
    Thanks for this information. I've dropped you a private message with some further information in so please get back to me there :) 
    Thanks,
    Sarah
  • NiggleNiggle Member Posts: 78
    Hi Sam,

I reported the same issue a couple of weeks ago, and it's not your transmitter.  I'm on Hannington
    Hi Niggle

Have you got anywhere with it?   i only thought it may be the transmitter as it started happening after a retune.

Regards
    Sam
    Hi Sarah

Not sure what has gone on but just realised my box is showing the updated interface with the TV Shows and Films but the software versions arent showing right on the box so something is certainly not right.   Has the logs shown you anything?

Regards
    Sam
    edited 5 March 2020, 2:48PM
    Hi @SamH

Can you let us know what you mean when you say that the software versions aren't showing up right on the box? The software on the box looks to be correct from our end.

We've taken a look at your box and can see that the recordings you've set have mostly been one off recordings rather than series recordings. We can't see anything strange going on through the logs at the moment.

It'd be useful for us to get a list of programmes you've recently attempted to set as a series recording but only gave a single episode option (include the name, channel and broadcast time) so we can go back to double check that these have all been assigned a series ID. It'd also be good to have a couple of examples of programmes you've had to set as single episode recordings (ideally something that is broadcast frequently) so we can compare between the episodes as well. 

Thanks,
    Sarah
    Hi Sarah

Sorry my mistake i thought the extras on the youview menu only came out in 32.42.0 / 3.6.168 but can see it was also out in the earlier version which i have.

Regards
    Sam
    Hi Sam, sorry for the delayed response.  No, I didn't get anywhere with it.  I bailed and bought a Freeview Play recorder.  Won't be going back.

Regards,
    Nigel
  • jimbjimb Member Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭
    Niggle said:
    Hi Sam, sorry for the delayed response.  No, I didn't get anywhere with it.  I bailed and bought a Freeview Play recorder.  Won't be going back.

Regards,
    Nigel
    Hi Nigel, I'm guessing that your decision may have also been influenced by the remote recording app fiasco as well?  :(
    In small part, perhaps.  And I heard that Manhattan are working on one.  Fingers crossed.

But yeah, once my box failed to record most serieses (seri?), that was it.

Game over, sorry to say :-(
  • jimbjimb Member Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭
    @Niggle hope you'll take a moment in due course to report back on your new box.
    Maybe start a new thread? 
    I think we might also have a thread called "Why I've Left YouView" - it might have a tiny bit of influence on YouView (or perhaps not)  :/
    edited 7 March 2020, 5:19PM
    Initial impressions can be found here.  Still more than happy with this alternative.
    https://community.youview.com/youview/discussion/7605683/no-series-record

The only couple of things I'd add are:

i) The T3-R remote control layout is perhaps a bit cumbersome. The pause/play rocker button is particularly fiddly, and the FF/RW buttons are right up at the top.  No doubt we'd get used to it in time, but we already have a Harmony 665 (which I can also highly recommend) so I'll be re-programming that for the new box whenever time allows.

ii) Might have just been unlucky, but the T3-R seems fussy about HDMI cable quality. Was getting very occasional picture+sound drop-outs on playback, until I replaced the (2m only) cable with a decent shielded alternative.

I'd also like to say that for £60 and over 3 years of use, the BT YouView box has been amazing value for money.  Mustn't grumble.

Thanks,
    Nigel
    Initial impressions can be found here.  Still more than happy with this alternative.
    https://community.youview.com/youview/discussion/7605683/no-series-record

The only couple of things I'd add are:

i) The T3-R remote control layout is perhaps a bit cumbersome. The pause/play rocker button is particularly fiddly, and the FF/RW buttons are right up at the top.  No doubt we'd get used to it in time, but we already have a Harmony 665 (which I can also highly recommend) so I'll be re-programming that for the new box whenever time allows.

ii) The T3-R seems particularly fussy about HDMI cable quality. Was getting very occasional picture+sound drop-outs on playback, until I replaced the cable with a decent shielded alternative.

Thanks,
    Nigel