... is now recording

McVaneMcVane Member Posts: 2
Hi, does anyone know if you can turn off the really annoying notification that appears at the top of the screen whenever a programme begins recording?  It can really spoil the programme you're actually watching!  Cheers.

Comments

• kodikidkodikid Member Posts: 310
    Not as annoying as when you forget you have scheduled 2 recordings at the same time and your about to lose your current feed.
    But no the 5 seconds or so that it's on display is none negotiable and your stuck with it.
    Ignore this if you disagree. 
  • McVaneMcVane Member Posts: 2
    What a pain - it's really pointless, you already know what you're recording, you don't need a reminder!!  Oh well, guess I'll get used to it!  Thanks for your help.

• John LJohn L Member, Super User Posts: 574 ✭✭
    edited 28 February 2020, 10:04AM
    Hi McVane,
    Some of the older pvrs don't do this: Humax 9200/9300 etc. I too find it frustrating, it's not just Youview with this. I sometimes record to DVD & often have to calculate when to record to avoid messages being recording onto DVD when playing back content! The Humax Freesat 1100s is better (well most of the time). I agree with you. There should be an option to turn on/off, like a lot of things that need to be customized within Youview interface.

The one thing that really frustrates me with Youview is the dark lower banner when fast forwarding/rewinding. I have mentioned this before+ reported the matter. I tend to use other pvrs to record longer programme content, so that it is easier to wind back & forward & see the WHOLE picture. Will the development team improve this? I wait & see patiently. It used to work perfectly on the OldGen Youview software. John L
    Can't wait for the day when Youview get rid of the dreaded darkened banner when using fast forward/rewind recordings. 
  • kodikidkodikid Member Posts: 310
    Hmmm 
    Wonder just what the alleged "development team" do all day 😁
    Ignore this if you disagree.