accidental programme removal

DiepenseeDiepensee Member Posts: 3
how do i prevent accidentaly deleting recordings?
Rob

Comments

• SarahSarah Administrator Posts: 1,539 admin
    Hi @Diepensee
    Welcome to the forum :) 
    If you go to Settings > Box Management > Recordings you can turn on/off confirmation before you delete. This will mean that you get a little pop up asking if you're sure you want to delete something before you do. 
    Hope that helps! 
    Sarah
  • DiepenseeDiepensee Member Posts: 3
    thanks Sarah
  • DiepenseeDiepensee Member Posts: 3
    Sarah,
    I can't find box management. I tried programmes but it just said that when the box is full one can delete or not
    Rob
  • zulu17zulu17 Member, Super User Posts: 995 ✭✭
    Hi  @Diepensee
    I think in Settings Box Management is just a title line and the Recordings box  when selected  gives  the option to Manage your recording preferences  with two separate option lines Auto Delete & Confirm Delete.
    i have a different box but I suspect the options are the same
    Selecting Confirm Delete and having that set to On  and then done is what you need.
  • John LJohn L Member, Super User Posts: 545 ✭✭
    edited 1 March 2020, 2:14AM
    Diepensee said:
    Sarah,
    I can't find box management. I tried programmes but it just said that when the box is full one can delete or not
    Rob
    Hi Rob,
    I think you are looking in the wrong place? Press your Youview blue button on remote, now go along front menu to settings. While in settings go to icon showing recordings icon. Then simply change auto delete to off and confirm to on. Solved!

Just takes a few moments to explore your menu settings. Good luck. Please let forum know how you get on. John L
    Can't wait for the day when Youview get rid of the dreaded darkened banner when using fast forward/rewind recordings. 
  • John LJohn L Member, Super User Posts: 545 ✭✭
    zulu17 said:
    Hi  @Diepensee
    I think in Settings Box Management is just a title line and the Recordings box  when selected  gives  the option to Manage your recording preferences  with two separate option lines Auto Delete & Confirm Delete.
    i have a different box but I suspect the options are the same
    Selecting Confirm Delete and having that set to On  and then done is what you need.
    Hi zulu17,
    Thank you. I was typing away earlier between doing something else. Only just seen your help post. Easy, just takes a few moments to explore menu. John L
    Can't wait for the day when Youview get rid of the dreaded darkened banner when using fast forward/rewind recordings. 
  • Rob PRob P Member Posts: 62
    Hi @Sarah
    Just wanted to flag up a bug not entirely unrelated to this issue. Whilst having the prompt turned on is all well and good for accidental presses of the delete button, in some cases the highlight is not where you left it and this doesn't really help.

Scenario: You finish watching a recording when a new recording has starts whilst doing so.

If you've started watching by opening the main My TV > Recordings full page, then the new recording will push the one you're watching one space further in, but the highlight moves with it, so when you back out of the recording and press Delete, you delete the correct item.

However if you've started it from the My TV mini guide thing, without moving down into the full page then again the new recording pushes the one you're watching one space further in, but the highlight stays where it was so you end up deleting the wrong thing. Yes you have a prompt but when you're expecting to be deleting the programme you've watched not a potentially unwatched other programme. I'm sure I'm not alone in not reading the prompt message in full because in your head you know you want to delete the programme so you click OK - not expecting it to be on a completely different programme.

Thanks,
    Rob