Wrong area tv

degsiedegsie Member Posts: 2
2020 and still getting Granada news and weather in Doncaster, Yorkshire.

Comments

• John LJohn L Member, Super User Posts: 661 ✭✭
    edited 8 March 2020, 7:08PM
    Welcome to the forum degsie,
    You don't mention model of Youview box or is it a Sony TV with built-in Youview?
    Have you retuned your TV's own tuner? Can you do a manual retune on TV set?
    I know the Youview box can't do manual retunes, only receive strongest signal from nearest transmitter.

Have you been able to obtain correct Itv region before on your Youview box? Might be worth doing a full maintenance reset (instructions via maintenance reset top of page under search bar via help/support).
    Might be a job for aerial engineer to adjust to correct transmitter, unless you are able to try adjusting yourself. Please let the forum know how you get on. If still problems, Youview HQ are back in action tomorrow morning for more advice. John L
    Can't wait for the day when Youview get rid of the dreaded darkened banner when using fast forward/rewind recordings. 
  • kodikidkodikid Member Posts: 409
    Re youview box
    When you retune the channels you are also given the option of selecting your peculiar region as part of the process. 
    Ignore this if you disagree. 
    Hi Kodikid,
    This maybe true depending where you live. My Youview tunes channels with no prompt for area, so I can assume if you live between more transmitters you will be given the option when tuning. John L
    Can't wait for the day when Youview get rid of the dreaded darkened banner when using fast forward/rewind recordings. 
  • degsiedegsie Member Posts: 2
    I googled the problem and youview came up. I don't have a youview box but a Humax fvp 4000T. But it seems the problem not the receiver but the transmitter.
    Sensible choice of Pvr Degsie. 
     At least Humax support their Remote app for the fvp4000t & the fvp5000t, unlike Youview at the moment. Glad we could help with some suggestions. John L
  • mike_taylormike_taylor Member Posts: 20
    In yorkshire on hd channel 103 you get granada news from manchester, on sd channel 3 you get calander news from leeds.
    Hi Mike_taylor,
    Interesting. Are you able to select which tv area when tuning your Youview?
    I can get all the other itv regions around uk on my old Humax Foxsat pvr + also be able to record them. The new Freesat models don't allow you & you can only watch area depending on your postcode. John L