Downgrade or upgrade your package

Ken Hill1Ken Hill1 Member Posts: 126 ✭✭
If I want to downgrade my package I can't do it online anyone else having problems if I want to downgrade?

Comments

  • Stevef_fr8ysStevef_fr8ys Member, Super User Posts: 227 ✭✭
    edited 28 March 2020, 7:58PM
    You don't say who you are with, but I suggest contacting your ISP using their forum.

    If it's TalkTalk, their phone centres are closed due to the virus so the only way for contact them is via their forum, but as you can imagine, the staff there are being swamped with queries.
  • Ken Hill1Ken Hill1 Member Posts: 126 ✭✭
    You don't say who you are with, but I suggest contacting your ISP using their forum.

    If it's TalkTalk, their phone centres are closed due to the virus so the only way for contact them is via their forum, but as you can imagine, the staff there are being swamped with queries. I am with bt

  • VisionmanVisionman Member, Super User Posts: 9,748 ✭✭✭
    Hi Ken, then contact BT. But due to the virus, holding times can be up to an hour or longer.

    I'd suggest email but the response could be up to a week. These are difficult times.
    I disagree with the disagree as is, as its a joke.
  • kodikidkodikid Member Posts: 233
    If you're talking sports then BT are refusing to release or refund at the moment. 
    Sky are letting subscribers pause their sport packages till the action resumes. 
    Ignore this if you disagree. 
  • DarrenDarren Member, Super User Posts: 327 ✭✭
    BT online chat has also been temporarily closed as of a few days ago.
    Best using the BT Community Forums if you want any help.

    Darren
  • scottscott Member, Super User Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭
    edited 29 March 2020, 2:35PM
    @kodikid that is untrue. BT are allowing you a months credit or to donate that months credit to the NHS fund.

    https://sport.bt.com/

    Got BT Sport? We’ll give you one month’s credit back

    You can ask us to donate it to the NHS Charities Together COVID-19 Urgent Appeal or ask us to take it off your bill.

  • redchizredchiz Member, Super User Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭
    Great. One month? Hopefully they will do this each month until sport is back on. What do you reckon?
  • redchizredchiz Member, Super User Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭
    OMG I have just clicked on that link, one of the options is to upsell, they have no shame.
  • kodikidkodikid Member Posts: 233
    It's a strange one this, why do BT think there's a connection between donating a months subscription and temporary suspension of a service their unable to provide at the moment.  They should follow Sky's example. 
    Ignore this if you disagree. 
  • scottscott Member, Super User Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭
    edited 31 March 2020, 8:06AM

    @kodikid You have answered your own question. At the minute everything is just on pause and has been for a month (hence you get a months payment either back or donated if you don't really need it yourself). I would expect the same to happen each month that sport is on hold. It is easier because a lot of people are not happy with SKY's method as they are concerned that they could lose their discounts when they restart as it is a bit more complicated the way SKY have done it and SKY have a lot of discounts tied into taking a sports subscription. Some people were already complaining that pausing their sports subscription caused their cinema cost to go up.

    Quite a few of SKY's sports have been 'cancelled', some F1 races, a lot of Tour Golf and Cricket , whereas most of BT's have just been rumoured to be postponed (CL/PL/MotoGP/UFC). Obviously there is still a lot to be decided and everyone will be watching to see how it turns out in the end.

  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 15,650 ✭✭✭
    redchiz said:
    OMG I have just clicked on that link, one of the options is to upsell, they have no shame.
    Good Lord yes! Who could possibly disagree with that sentiment?  >:)
    I have a low opinion of people who press the Disagree button instead of engaging in reasoned debate. 
    I have an even lower opinion of YouView’s continued policy of letting such people hide behind the cloak of anonymity.
  • scottscott Member, Super User Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭
    Roy said:
    redchiz said:
    OMG I have just clicked on that link, one of the options is to upsell, they have no shame.
    Good Lord yes! Who could possibly disagree with that sentiment?  >:)

    You mean who would be 'allowed' to disagree without having it removed (but leaving the main comment that caused the issue in the first place).
  • redchizredchiz Member, Super User Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭
    scott said:
    You mean who would be 'allowed' to disagree without having it removed (but leaving the main comment that caused the issue in the first place).
    ???
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 15,650 ✭✭✭
    redchiz said:
    scott said:
    You mean who would be 'allowed' to disagree without having it removed (but leaving the main comment that caused the issue in the first place).
    ???
    scott said:
    Roy said:
    redchiz said:
    OMG I have just clicked on that link, one of the options is to upsell, they have no shame.
    Good Lord yes! Who could possibly disagree with that sentiment?  >:)

    You mean who would be 'allowed' to disagree without having it removed (but leaving the main comment that caused the issue in the first place).
    Surely the main comment was innocuous, the point I was making above?
    I have a low opinion of people who press the Disagree button instead of engaging in reasoned debate. 
    I have an even lower opinion of YouView’s continued policy of letting such people hide behind the cloak of anonymity.
  • Ken Hill1Ken Hill1 Member Posts: 126 ✭✭
    thanks for all the info
Sign In or Register to comment.