Fox HD

Ken Hill1Ken Hill1 Member Posts: 126 ✭✭
edited 1 April 2020, 11:01AM in Discussion
According to the BT community forum over the past few days they posted on there BT forum fox will be in hd from today the 1st of April movies 24 will be taken off on the 31st of March I don't know if that's the case because I haven't got movies 24 on my EPG? So far today Fox channel is still in sd and not hd ?

Comments

• Ken Hill1Ken Hill1 Member Posts: 126 ✭✭
    just reboot my box and now i have got fox hd
  • kodikidkodikid Member Posts: 232
    Given that 99% of new TVs bought are 4k they need to make hd the norm (ie free) and start offering more UHD content. 
    Ignore this if you disagree. 
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 15,648 ✭✭✭
    kodikid said:
    Given that 99% of new TVs bought are 4k they need to make hd the norm (ie free) and start offering more UHD content. 
    For as long as BBC 101 turns red and starts playing steel band music instead of showing the local news, it will be hard to get people off SD onto HD, never mind UHD.
    I have a low opinion of people who press the Disagree button instead of engaging in reasoned debate. 
    I have an even lower opinion of YouView’s continued policy of letting such people hide behind the cloak of anonymity.
  • kodikidkodikid Member Posts: 232
    edited 1 April 2020, 2:05PM
    Anyone with a 4k tv will know standard definition just doesn't come across on the 4k screen, much better when the tv "upscales" HD content.
    For most people you're far better sticking to a good HD set then 4K as sadly most freeview/youview content is still SD.
    Ignore this if you disagree. 
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 15,648 ✭✭✭
    kodikid said:
    Anyone with a 4k tv will know standard definition just doesn't come across on the 4k screen, much better when the tv "upscales" HD content.
    For most people you're far better sticking to a good HD set then 4K as sadly most freeview/youview content is still SD.
    The mystery to me is why 4K sets try to upscale SD, which involves inventing 15 out of every 16 pixels.

Why don’t they just put out all 16 the same as a virtual ‘big pixel’, or at least make blocks of four pixels the same, and give that to the HD upscaling?
    I have a low opinion of people who press the Disagree button instead of engaging in reasoned debate. 
    I have an even lower opinion of YouView’s continued policy of letting such people hide behind the cloak of anonymity.