roku

welshgitwelshgit Member Posts: 7
hello i read on   RXTVlog   https://www.rxtvlog.com/2020/04/the-roku-channel-rolls-out-in-uk.html that ROKU is now on sky Q this is a free streaming service and i was wondering if there were plans to bring it to youview   
thank 

Comments

• John LJohn L Member, Super User Posts: 545 ✭✭
    edited 14 April 2020, 2:19PM
    Hi Welshgit,
    Roku has it's own platform that has tones of Apps. Sky might be able to afford it as they charge a premium for their service. Youview caters for Retail customers & also users that subscribe to BT/TalkTalk for extra channels. John L
    Can't wait for the day when Youview get rid of the dreaded darkened banner when using fast forward/rewind recordings. 
  • welshgitwelshgit Member Posts: 7
    weather I use it or not is irrelevant the question i asked was " i was wondering if there were plans to bring it to youview" there are apps on youview that i don't use and some i do 
  • kodikidkodikid Member Posts: 232
    edited 8 April 2020, 12:04PM
    Sky can afford it as they own Roku. 
    But John is spot on as the sub £20 Roku box is the perfect companion to your youview box.
    On it you will find Disney + and YouTube(no Britbox though but you'll live) and arguably a superior wi fi connection in comparison to a now offering. 
    Quite why Sky would offer it to youview is open to debate but extremely unlikely. 
    Stay safe  🌈
    Ignore this if you disagree. 
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 15,648 ✭✭✭
    edited 8 April 2020, 11:19PM
    kodikid said:

That will come as a great surprise to NASDAQ:-

A Ford Prefect moment?
    I have a low opinion of people who press the Disagree button instead of engaging in reasoned debate. 
    I have an even lower opinion of YouView’s continued policy of letting such people hide behind the cloak of anonymity.
  • VisionmanVisionman Member, Super User Posts: 9,747 ✭✭✭
    welshgit said:
    hello i read on   RXTVlog   https://www.rxtvlog.com/2020/04/the-roku-channel-rolls-out-in-uk.html that ROKU is now on sky Q this is a free streaming service and i was wondering if there were plans to bring it to youview   
    thank 
    Hi @welshgit

Sorry to inform you that YouView never give advanced notice of new apps until they are ready to launch, so theres no way to say.
    I disagree with the disagree as is, as its a joke.
  • kodikidkodikid Member Posts: 232
    welshgit said:
    thank 
    People looking to youview to provide the latest apps are in for a long wait . Youview as a tv guide and pvr is excellent but you need to look on apps as a bonus.
    It took over 6 six years to get full now tv so if you want Disney, roku etc you need something else other then youview.
    This is not a personal opinion or speculation but a fact.
    Ignore this if you disagree. 
  • SarahSarah Administrator Posts: 1,539 admin
     welshgit said:
    thank 
    Hi @welshgit

We're not able to provide any information on the status of any apps or features which may/may not come to YouView in the future.

If there's been a press release with information in stating that something is coming to YouView we're able to share this (like with BritBox) but other than that, we are not able to announce anything in advance. Any announcements are done in the Announcements section here and on our social media channels. 

Thanks,
    Sarah
  • robotmanrobotman Member Posts: 171
    kodikid said:
    Ridiculous  :D Someone better tell Sky  :D 
    "Flash, Flash, I love you, but we only have 14 hours to save the Earth"