Channel name with a dot

Chris LettsChris Letts Member Posts: 32
edited 6 May 2020, 9:19PM in Support
There now appears to be a number of channels whose name ends with a dot and if selected return the message "you need to set up" and "add it to your tv package". Can someone advise what these are. Example: channel 365 discovery hd. 

Comments

• RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 15,887 ✭✭✭
    edited 6 May 2020, 10:15PM
    There now appears to be a number of channels whose name ends with a dot and if selected return the message "you need to set up" and "add it to your tv package". Can someone advise what these are. Example: channel 365 discovery hd. 

Where are you seeing the dot? I can’t see one on this Channel name or any names near it, either on my YouView box or on the BT TV app on this iPad. Presumably then, just on the message you get when you attempt to select that channel. But not on 364, FOX HD, though yes on 366, MTV HD.

But what I can see as a common factor here is NowTV branding on these new channels, and you need a NowTV Entertainment subscription to watch them.

Further, you seem to need that subscription to have been obtained through BT, probably as an add-on to a BT TV subscription.

As despite having an independent NowTV Entertainment subscription, and even though I can see these channels as I have BT as my ISP (but don't take BT TV from them), I can’t click through and watch these NowTV channels.
    These tests for COVID-19 get right up my nose.
  • zulu17zulu17 Member, Super User Posts: 1,014 ✭✭
    edited 7 May 2020, 12:06PM
    @Roy If you opt for Channel Logos  OFF you will see the fullstops after several of the channels in the guide.
    The PROVIDER NAME data for programmes on channel 365 is Discovery HD.
    if you use the CRID checker.
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 15,887 ✭✭✭
    zulu17 said:
    @Roy If you opt for Channel Logos  OFF you will see the fullstops after several of the channels in the guide.
    The PROVIDER NAME data for programmes on channel 365 is Discovery HD.
    if you use the CRID checker.
    I didn’t know that, so thanks.

But I think that it’s these being NowTV Channels, rather than ones ending in a dot, that is significant - unless you, or folks with BT TV, with or without the NowTV subscription, can comment further?
    These tests for COVID-19 get right up my nose.
  • zulu17zulu17 Member, Super User Posts: 1,014 ✭✭
    i don’t think that it is specifically NOW TV channels but any subscription or box office channel that is either not part of your current subscription or if it is part of your current subscription has not been set up yet (that setup normally only has to be done once). Just that as the flexible BT TV Now packages are the newest additional subscription channels in the guide many people will not yet have subscribed to them.
    If you have Channel Logos off you don’t see that it is NOW Tv channel rather just the channel name which may or may not have a full stop on the end.