How do I Play a recording?

jonjosephjonjoseph Member Posts: 39
With a new DTR 12000 It`s working fine with a scart plug to a Bang and Olufsen CRT set.Perfect picture.I can record with the red R button. But how do I play it ?   The instruction manual completely forgot that tiny detail .

Comments

• RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 15,794 ✭✭✭
    edited 21 May 2020, 8:36AM
    ITYM DTR-T2100.

And it’s on page 34 of my manual.

Having selected the required programme among the recordings you have made, press the button on the remote which has a right-pointing arrow on it - like this ▶️ (except that the button is round on the remote).

Is your Beovision widescreen? There will be issues if not.
    Three cheers for reasoned debate, whether for or against
  • jonjosephjonjoseph Member Posts: 39
    Roy    The book says see (in my ) Page 13 for how to play your recordings.It talks about My View. I don`t have MyView. I have MyTV.  That`s where I fell into their carefully prepared Elephant Trap .  
    It`s not fair to describe all this confusion as Programming. It`s a scatty disorganised way to confuse people .Programmers are not very organised people .They are almost as bad as designers .  
    Roy     The Beovision is widescreen . At present it`s showing the San Francisco cable car with passengers standing outside it in the breeze . Now there`s an idea for the Covid19 world to come .Combine that with Indian trains and passengers on the roof as well .
    jonjoseph said:
    Roy    The book says see (in my ) Page 13 for how to play your recordings.It talks about My View. I don`t have MyView. I have MyTV.  That`s where I fell into their carefully prepared Elephant Trap .  
    It`s not fair to describe all this confusion as Programming. It`s a scatty disorganised way to confuse people .Programmers are not very organised people .They are almost as bad as designers .  
    Yes, the Guide is out of date. Maybe there should at least be a flyer in the box explaining the terminology and placement changes, or referring you to the web for the latest changes.

But the User Guides say :- YouView design, user interface, specifications and content services available on YouView subject to change without notice
    and:-
    Note The latest version of the YouView user guide is available to download at www.youview.com/support

Though maybe the T2000 manual could do with a spruce-up.

Did we ever determine what model of box you actually have?
    Model number DTR 12000 and last week I looked up the meaning of Gaslighting.  That`s going on right here on this forum .
  • kodikidkodikid Member Posts: 281
    Bit harsh 🙁
    Ignore this if you disagree. 
    edited 14 June 2020, 7:21AM
    jonjoseph said:
    Model number DTR 12000 and last week I looked up the meaning of Gaslighting.  That`s going on right here on this forum .
    Gaslighting is taking a dim view of proceedings 😛

There is no DTR 12000. Did you perhaps mean DTR-T2000?

But that YouView has moved on since your Guide was printed, and indeed since any latest Guide has been published, is an irrefutable fact.

So any attempt being made here to change your perceptions is to bring them into line with reality, not the opposite.
    T   2000.  I misread the number on the box.  
    Gaslighting  is a word I never heard before last week. It`s from a film made in 1940 . How did it take that long ?  It`s not taking a dim view of something .It`s trying to make someone feel like they are imagining or wrong.about something.  So I have been accidentally gaslighting you . Spooky .
    @jonjoseph

You can’t accidentally gaslight somebody - it has to be deliberate to be gaslighting.

So there’s a relief.

if you watch the movie, you will see where my ‘dim view’ joke came in....
    I wont even go near fanny by gaslight.
  • AnaglyptaAnaglypta Member, Super User Posts: 835 ✭✭✭
    kodikid said:
    I wont even go near fanny by gaslight.

John

"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity." - George S. Patton
    Wonder why they changed the title for the states 🤔
    The film Gaslight 1940 was the original.Another version (American ) was called Gaslight as well ,made in 1944. I was shocked that they wanted to destroy the first version.   Fanny by Gaslight was edited to remove references to a brothel but fancy leaving the title as it was .  And now the internet has the Scunthorpe problem to worry about . Funny old world .
  • VisionmanVisionman Member, Super User Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭
    kodikid said:
    Wonder why they changed the title for the states 🤔

In American English 'fanny' means 'bum', as in your bottom/backside.
    I'm now happy with the disagree icon, because its gone.
    What an odd explanation. The word in English means --Front Bottom. 
    Americans seem impervious to the way words sound.  If you join wires or pipes together with solder they pronounce that Soddering. Look an any American plumbing site .
    edited 16 June 2020, 8:37AM
    jonjoseph said:
    What an odd explanation. The word in English means --Front Bottom. 
    Americans seem impervious to the way words sound.  If you join wires or pipes together with solder they pronounce that Soddering. Look an any American plumbing site .
    ‘The British and the Americans are two countries separated by a common language”.

As you cross the Atlantic, the fanny moves from front to back. 
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fanny_pack
    And the name is in wide usage
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fanny_(name)

“I’m mad about my flat”.
    Assume that this was said by an English person, and translate into American.
    Then assume that this was said by an American person, and translate into English.

If you need to correct any mistakes, be sure to ask for an eraser 😛
    You`ve lost me now .
    Eraser, another  classic movie....not 
  • Tim CTim C Member, Super User Posts: 478 ✭✭
    In the UK we call an eraser a rubber. A rubber in the US usually means a condom.

kodikid said:
    Eraser, another  classic movie....not 
    Eraserhead, now there’s a movie.
    Eraser was so very unusual I just enjoyed it . The recent tv series "Staged " was unusual too . Still there on BBC i player. Catch the episode where Shakespeare was described as a Brummie with a nice example .