BT Youview boxes T2100 and T2110

YVtykeYVtyke Member Posts: 13
HI, 
Can anyone tell me the difference between these models please?They appear very similar. Is there any major differences or issues i should be looking out for? Are they both having software / apps updated. Any help much appreciated 

Comments

• scottscott Member, Super User Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭
    edited 1 June 2020, 8:26PM
    @YVtyke the T2100 box is a subscription box and sent to customers who sign up for a BTTV subscription (or someone originally did) and the T2110 is the retail version of the same box (so therefore bought from the shop). They are both identical and receiving the same updates (although the T2100 tend to get them a few weeks before the T2110).
    This page is quite well updated :-
    https://support.youview.com/youview-box/software-updates/latest-software-versions/
  • kodikidkodikid Member Posts: 975 ✭✭
    Another thing to consider if this is important to you is that currently Amazon prime is not available on the retail box. 
    Ignore this if you disagree. Oh wait I just remembered I don't give a 
  • YVtykeYVtyke Member Posts: 13
    Thanks for the help. I have a T2110 in the bedroom already and have just picked up a T2100 for the living room and testing it out now
  • DarrenDarren Member, Super User Posts: 616 ✭✭
    edited 4 June 2020, 3:00PM
    If you got BT broadband then the Amazon Prime app will be on both boxes. As the get the same updates just few weeks after each other.
    I got both them type boxes.