Signal issues on one box but not the other

YVtykeYVtyke Member Posts: 13
Ive recently picked up a T2100 for the living room to replace an old recorder. I already have a T2110 in the bedroom. This one picks up the signal fine and barring some channels late in the evening is generally very stable. 
However the T2100 ive tried to instal in the other room is really struggling to pick many channels up at all and what it does the signal quality is poor. 
They are both fed through a 6 way aerial amplifier. Does anyone have any ideas why one is working fine and the other is not? Thanks for any help

Comments

• John LJohn L Member, Super User Posts: 874 ✭✭
    Hello YVtyke,
    Have you retuned both boxes in same way? I would retune the problem one by unplugging aerial, then retune to receive zero channels (this clears channel memory in firmware), then have another go at retuning with aerial lead plugged back in. If you still have problem, check all your cables, connections. Hopefully this information has helped. Please let forum know how you get on. John L
    Can't wait for the day when Youview get rid of the dreaded darkened banner when using fast forward/rewind recordings. 
  • Rob PRob P Member Posts: 104 ✭✭
    Have you tried connecting it directly in place of the bedroom one, using the same cable? Just in case there is a problem with the cabling to the living room...
  • YVtykeYVtyke Member Posts: 13
    Hi. Looks like a dodgy cable. I had a spare and the signal has been pretty good since. Thanks