Problem with recording from BT Sport 1 on DTR 2100 box

MATTHEWMATTHEW Member Posts: 206
Hello,
Have the following problem with my DTR 2100 youview box it sometimes won’t record from BT sport 1 when I check it on the box get no warning in the recordings all it says is recording failed or recording clash but there are no other recordings been recorded at the same time, this problem does not happen all the time. 

Also get other problem with the youview box it sometimes tells me that it cannot record a from BT sport 1 Due to recording clash but the recording is about couple days later. 
Have done a re-tune and the box is running the latest software.
I reported this problem about the record clash been couple of days later.
on the youview helpline then it was going but they told me that head office had no answer to my problem.

any help would be great.

Thanks

Matthew

Comments

• RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 16,238 ✭✭✭
    edited 31 August 2020, 12:44PM
    @MATTHEW

Try the Soft Reset and Maintenance Mode advice I give in the nearby ‘Cannot connect to Internet’ thread.

Is it only BT Sport that goes wrong? Can you make all other recordings OK? Or is BT Sport all or mainly all you record?

In general problems like yours indicate disc corruption, which only Option 5 can address, alas.

But it is worth trying the gentler Options before taking what may be such a drastic step.
    ‘Impossible’ problems solved, courtesy of Sherlock Holmes and What’sOn
  • MATTHEWMATTHEW Member Posts: 206
    HI Roy,
    Thanks for getting back to me, did option 5, can you log some feedback about option 5 when the box start to download the white box comes up saying downloading but have to wait for the white bar to start to move across screen. 

Does option 5 download the latest software from the server if so, is there a way for the update to be build into the software after the box re-started the box download the update.

I will let you know if this has fix the problem.

Thanks

Matthew

@MATTHEW

Any Maintenance Mode reset will result in a download of new software if there is some waiting, but the download is a separate process.

Trying to merge them would just add complication, and there would be no time or data saving as a result.
    Hi Roy 
    thanks for getting back to me, could you log the suggestion as feedback for me. 
    Thanks

Matthew
    MATTHEW said:
    Hi Roy 
    thanks for getting back to me, could you log the suggestion as feedback for me. 
    Thanks

Matthew
    Hi @MATTHEW

To explain, while I’m very active in this Community, and indeed a Super User, the ‘User’ bit indicates I’m just a customer like you.

But no doubt your comment has been noticed by the powers that be.
    Hi hi Roy,

Thanks for getting back to me, I am happy to tell you that the problem is fixed, so far the recordings I have done from BT sport 1 have worked.
    you told me that option 5 will download the latest software, do you know when the software gets updated. 
    Please can you let me know.

thanks 

Matthew

edited 3 September 2020, 6:28AM
    MATTHEW said:
    Hi hi Roy,

Thanks for getting back to me, I am happy to tell you that the problem is fixed, so far the recordings I have done from BT sport 1 have worked.
    you told me that option 5 will download the latest software, do you know when the software gets updated. 
    Please can you let me know.

thanks 

Matthew

@MATTHEW

Option 5 will delete all your recordings, so is not to be run except in cases of disc corruption that cannot be remedied by any other means, which hopefully you have now got over.

But like all the other Maintenance Mode Options, as part of finishing up it will, in effect, press the Settings/Software/Update Software button, the same button you can press for yourself any time you like, quite independently of an MM, and which is the normal means of looking for software updates.

This button, when pressed, will look and see if there is a software update available to your box, and if there is, it will download it and install it.

There is no user-controllable separation between download and installation like there is on, say, Windows on a PC; the interface is built for simplicity here. 

Further, a box left in standby overnight will automatically check, in the small hours, for any software update, and will download it and install it automatically then.
    Hi Roy
    just a quick update you are a star the problem is fixed.

thanks again 
    Matthew