Another remote issue

MaxwellMaxwell Member Posts: 5
edited 4 November 2020, 9:01AM in Support
I have for some years used a Humax DTR-T2000 YOUVIEW+HDTV box and remote paired with a Grundig TV. I havevnow replaced the TV with a JVC LT-40C590.
I cannot pair the remote with this new TV using the codes listed on the Humax website, any suggestions?

Comments

• kodikidkodikid Member Posts: 405
    Try resetting the remote 
    Press sub,  BT player AD buttons simultaneously till the blue light flashes 3 times. 
    Then start the pairing process remember when pairing to keep pressing the tv button till the telly switches off. Common mistake is people press it once and think it hasn't worked. 
    Good luck.
    Ignore this if you disagree. 
  • zulu17zulu17 Member, Super User Posts: 1,031 ✭✭
    I imagine you have a Humax Retail remote
    Reset instructions which vary according to remote model are listed at

• MaxwellMaxwell Member Posts: 5
    Thanks for the responses.
    I have reset the Humax Retail Remote according to the instructions on the youview website but still cannot pair the remote with the JVC TV. I have also tried to pair with a Bush TV with no success.
    I thought that I would check with the old Bush TV. Of course I had lost control when I reset the remote, but I was able to enter the appropriate 3 digit code and regain control.
    Two possibilities come to mind, one-the handset is faulty, or two- the handset is out of date.
    Any views on this?

• JVC source TVs from various manufacturers so you may find a code from a different off-brand manufacturer works. This thread is for a similar model number and is probably relevant: https://community.youview.com/youview/discussion/6993581/
    Thanks for the response, the thread refers to Talktalk 4 digit codes and not to the 3 digit codes for my Humax box.
    The box and remote are a good few years old, is it possible that Humax have brought out a newer version of the remote ( as Sky have done on several occassions)?
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 16,206 ✭✭✭
    Maxwell said:
    Thanks for the response, the thread refers to Talktalk 4 digit codes and not to the 3 digit codes for my Humax box.
    The box and remote are a good few years old, is it possible that Humax have brought out a newer version of the remote ( as Sky have done on several occassions)?
    There is a list of 3-digit codes higher in that thread.  

There have been new remotes which came out with newer boxes, but I don’t think we have ever wrong-footed the original Humax curvy remote, except with TVs that don’t use infra-red at all.

One issue is that there is a lot of badge engineering going on, so you sometimes need to use a code for one of these. See if there is a label on the TV, or something in the instruction book, to indicate the true manufacturer.

Try UMC, Cello, or Vestel codes, as these are often the underlying actual manufacturers.
    8 years in, and still a Johnny-come-lately with ten people getting the badge before me!
    edited 15 October 2020, 10:38AM
    Most TV's come from a handful of manufacturers,  JVC is effectively Curry's own brand ( made by Vestel)
    The codes however are not generic they relate to the tv brand not the manufacturer. 
    You mentioned the remote still works with your old Bush set so I'm personally learning towards obsolescence rather then fault. 
  • Stevef_fr8ysStevef_fr8ys Member, Super User Posts: 333 ✭✭
    edited 15 October 2020, 1:18PM
    kodikid said:
    Most TV's come from a handful of manufacturers,  JVC is effectively Curry's own brand ( made by Vestel)
    Really? Currys have an exclusive distribution deal for for JVC. It is not a Curry 's owned brand or within the Curry's group of companies according to Which.

https://www.which.co.uk/reviews/televisions/article/should-you-buy-a-currys-or-argos-brand-tv-adSdf3i54xPd#:~:text=JVC used to be one of the biggest,Despite JVC still being a separate company

NB: Logik is Curry's brand made by JVC.
    edited 15 October 2020, 1:42PM
    Hi Steve.
    That's why I said effectively.
    Does anybody know if Humax have updated their Youview Remote over the years?
    Should I buy a new one?
    kodikid said:
    The codes however are not generic they relate to the tv brand not the manufacturer. 
    You mentioned the remote still works with your old Bush set so I'm personally learning towards obsolescence rather then fault. 
    @kodikid

We have had good success in the past with users who could not pair their TV with the brand shown on the TV, but could pair with a code from the underlying manufacturer.

This casts some doubt on the universality of your ‘not generic’ assertion above.
    8 years in, and still a Johnny-come-lately with ten people getting the badge before me!
    Hi Roy
    Dare say you have but my claim was the codes relate to the brand not the manufacturer which is a fact not an assertion.
    Maxwell said:
    Does anybody know if Humax have updated their Youview Remote over the years?
    Should I buy a new one?
    It wouldn't hurt and they are relatively inexpensive especially on e bay
    edited 15 October 2020, 9:31PM
    kodikid said:
    Hi Roy
    Dare say you have but my claim was the codes relate to the brand not the manufacturer which is a fact not an assertion.
    Hi kodikid

I might have been misled by the successful outcome of this suggestion of mine:-
    https://community.youview.com/youview/discussion/comment/14260256/#Comment_14260256
    where the subsequent postings indicate that a UMC code worked for two separate users of TVs badged Blaupunkt, where ‘Blaupunkt’ codes didn’t, and would seem to cast some reasonable doubt on your ‘a fact not an assertion’.

But perhaps there is some other explanation?
    edited 16 October 2020, 12:35AM
    🤔

Just an update, I have obtained a brand new remote and I have tried the Vestel codes both without success. I also left a message with Humax support a week ago, no response.
    Hmm looks like the actual JVC set is the culprit. 
  • John LJohn L Member, Super User Posts: 661 ✭✭
    Maxwell said:
    Just an update, I have obtained a brand new remote and I have tried the Vestel codes both without success. I also left a message with Humax support a week ago, no response.
    Hi Maxell,
    Have you by any chance got an Universal remote? This hopefully will solve your problem + maybe better made than the cheap copies being sold. The One for All do some amazing remotes & they can be found brand new on EBay. I have just purchased one for the family. Just need to program it! One of the features is that you can clone some of the buttons from original to the universal remote. It also does macro functions. Full details on website.

One For All URC7145 & URC7140 models are very popular + there are many more available for £11/13+ 

Hope this may have helped you. Let the forum know how you get on. John L
    Can't wait for the day when Youview get rid of the dreaded darkened banner when using fast forward/rewind recordings. 
    Maxwell said:
    @Maxwell

Try leaving a message with JVC support and seeing if that is more fruitful.