TalkTalk Software Update 60.48.91 & 72.48.91 / 3.6.248

SarahSarah Administrator Posts: 1,679 admin
edited 6 October 2020, 4:42PM in Announcements
Hi all, 

Please feel to discuss and provide feedback about the TalkTalk Software Update 60.48.91 & 72.48.91 / 3.6.248 here.

This update contains the following features and changes: 
  • Settings and Help location move
  • Kids area in the main menu
  • Players & Apps merge
  • Slight UI change to the on screen keyboard
This update also contains some bug fixes including: 
  • An issue where recordings would continue to play for around 5 minutes if the user put the box into standby
  • An issue where the user would be unable to tune to another subscription channel when there is one subscription channel series recording already in progress
  • An issue where scheduled recordings in MyTV would display duplicate individual and series recording for the same event
  • An issue where the viewer is unable to cancel in progress split programme recordings
As with all our updates, this is a phased roll out so if you don't see it right away, don't worry, it'll update soon as long as it's connected to the internet. 

Thanks,
Sarah

Comments

• Hi, thx for the notice for the update but my Channel Four App has now disappeared, I have completed the software update procedures include the hard power reset but no change the channel four app is still missing. I am slightly concerned to resolve the issue I will have to purchase an additional TV box. 
  • SarahSarah Administrator Posts: 1,679 admin
    Hi, thx for the notice for the update but my Channel Four App has now disappeared, I have completed the software update procedures include the hard power reset but no change the channel four app is still missing. I am slightly concerned to resolve the issue I will have to purchase an additional TV box. 
    Hiya, 

Welcome to the forum :) 

Can you please try a maintenance mode option 2 (keep recordings) on your box to see if this helps at all? You can find the instructions for how to do this here.

Thanks,
    Sarah 
  • meyou2meyou2 Member Posts: 48
    I take there has been a "stealth" update of 72.48.91 / 3.6.248 put out.  I.e. an unannounced one with the same version numbers, yes?

My DN372T upgraded to 72.48.91 / 3.6.248 a couple of weeks ago, on 6-Nov to be precise.

Yet the day before yesterday, Thu 19-Nov, on turning on the box I got a screen telling (and showing) me that Settings & Help had moved, and to press up from the main menu to get to them now.

That, of course, was one of the changes that came with 72.48.91 / 3.6.248 and I'd had for a couple of weeks already, so it's bizarre it was telling me about it two weeks later ... unless, of course, there had been another update to include that screen.

Further, since then (Thu 19-Nov), the "You have to cancel one of these recordings " bug I reported after first getting 72.48.91 / 3.6.248 two weeks ago seems to have disappeared.  It's now reverted to the previous "merely" annoying behaviour I noted in that report.

So, a new screen and a bug roll-back, but my DN372T still says it's on 72.48.91 / 3.6.248 ....
  • BBC News APP missing, perhaps understandable given the EXPECTED demise of BBC RED BUTTON services.

Don't expect you to re-introduce the app itself, but shouldn't the use of the RED BUTTON on the remote control activate the new cut- down red button 'MHEG' service from ANY BBC channel - just like it STILL does from e.g. BBC Radio 1,  channel (SID) 700 ?

Perhaps you can re-introduce this red button operation for any BBC  Channel, next release (my box release 60.48.91) ?
  • joneshjonesh Member, Super User Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭
    edited 7 December 2020, 6:38PM
    BBC News APP missing, perhaps understandable given the EXPECTED demise of BBC RED BUTTON services.

Don't expect you to re-introduce the app itself, but shouldn't the use of the RED BUTTON on the remote control activate the new cut- down red button 'MHEG' service from ANY BBC channel - just like it STILL does from e.g. BBC Radio 1,  channel (SID) 700 ?

Perhaps you can re-introduce this red button operation for any BBC  Channel, next release (my box release 60.48.91) ?
    The BBC stopped the News app, not Youview.
    The red button on the remote control activates the connected BBC Red Button Service on the BBC TV channels, replacing the MHEG text service. This change happened a few years ago.
    The BBC MHEG text service is only available on the BBC radio channels on Youview.
    There have been calls for Youview to put the BBC MHEG text service on the Text button on the BBC TV channels, but it hasn't happened.
  • Stevef_fr8ysStevef_fr8ys Member, Super User Posts: 377 ✭✭
    @Sarah, whilst not being reported on this forum, over on the TalkTalk one, we are seeing a vast increase in boxes failing to record or playback existing recordings. Some of these seem to be solved by factory resets (lose recordings ( none seem to have been solved by keep recordings options) and on some the fault has reappeared quickly.
    Others are getting boxes freezing at odd times. As these are intermittent its difficult to pinpoint an issue.
    Personally I'm experiencing an intermittent freezing problem when recording a channel and watching another recording, or try to change a channel again whilst recording. If you leave the recording to run, the box resets itself. It also sometimes reset itself going to a blank screen and then coming back to life as if you have just turned it on.

Playback of the recording in these instances are unaffected and record properly.

This latter issue occurred a few years ago and was cleared in the next update.

All the above seem to have occurred since the latest rollout, but the TalkTalk trials team seem to say there are no problems when reported to them.

Is there the possibility that a bug or something that has crept into this release?
    Hi @Stevef_fr8ys
    I've dropped you a message so we can get some more info from you :) 
    Thanks,
    Sarah
  • Stevef_fr8ysStevef_fr8ys Member, Super User Posts: 377 ✭✭
    @Sarah
    Thanks you. Replied as requested.

If you have access to the TalkTalk forum, at the moment 9 posts on the first page of the TV help page (out of 25) relate to freezing boxes and failed recordings on boxes, and a further 10 on page 2.

Steve
  • woodd20woodd20 Member Posts: 2
    I had the update a couple of weeks ago and my previous recordings would not play and I could not record anything. I did a factory reset keep recordings and this resolved the problem for a couple of days before the same problems occurred. I also had similar problems a couple of years ago and at the time I wondered if it was the use of pause live tv that was causing the problem as we use that feature alot. I did another factory reset keep recordings and banned the use of pause live tv and the problems have not returned. Any update on when these problems will be resolved will be appreciated as the pause live tv feature is greatly missed!  
    woodd20 said:
    I had the update a couple of weeks ago and my previous recordings would not play and I could not record anything. I did a factory reset keep recordings and this resolved the problem for a couple of days before the same problems occurred. I also had similar problems a couple of years ago and at the time I wondered if it was the use of pause live tv that was causing the problem as we use that feature alot. I did another factory reset keep recordings and banned the use of pause live tv and the problems have not returned. Any update on when these problems will be resolved will be appreciated as the pause live tv feature is greatly missed!  
    Hi @woodd20

Welcome to the forum :) 

Can you please let us know the following information:
    What channels are being recorded? 
    • If these are Boost channels, do they currently subscribe to the boost.
    • If they are Terrestrial channels, what is the signal strength/quality on the channels being recorded?
    Were these series recordings or episode recordings?
    Do any recordings work?
    Has this issue occurred at all since not using the pause live tv feature?

Thanks,
    Sarah
  • woodd20woodd20 Member Posts: 2
    Hi @Sarah
    The recorded channels are various Terrestrial channels where the signal strength is around 60% and the quality is 100%. They are mainly series recordings.
    At the time of the problem no recordings would work. All scheduled recordings failed to record and any manual recordings started but checking My TV they also showed as failed to record.
    No probelms have occurred since the reset and we have not been using the pause live tv feature.
    We have about 45% free space on the box.

Dave