sony KD48A9BU error YVM3503 will not clear

Hello I've just bought a Sony KD48A9BU smart tv and intermittently cannot load mytv and get given error code or YVM3503. I've tried all of the reset's that YouView recommend but cannot get a resolution that is stable. Does this tv need a software update from YouView to fix the problem perminently? TV is fab but YouView is letting it down.
Tagged:

Comments

• David_H2020David_H2020 Member Posts: 2
    I also get a message "watchlist is unavailable" 
    All of the apps work but I can't see my watchlist or add programmes to the watchlist
    Turning things off and back on again which is the only advice offered is not fixing this fault
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 16,470 ✭✭✭
    edited 3 December 2020, 7:45AM
    Hello I've just bought a Sony KD48A9BU smart tv and intermittently cannot load mytv and get given error code or YVM3503. I've tried all of the reset's that YouView recommend but cannot get a resolution that is stable. Does this tv need a software update from YouView to fix the problem permanently? TV is fab but YouView is letting it down.
    Go back through the T&Cs, and accept them individually, ignoring the blanket acceptance button. There is a bug in that not everything gets set up correctly unless you do this.

Probably Sony need to fix this, rather than YouView.

Or try launching the Sony TV app on the set, to bypass YouView altogether.

It might well be worth joining the Sony UK Community, Android TV section, also, where you will get a more, er, granular take on your ‘TV is fab but YouView is letting it down’ first impression.
    Supporting YouView on Sony TVs is like nailing jelly to a herd of cats
  • SarahSarah Administrator Posts: 1,688 admin
    edited 3 December 2020, 2:58PM
    Hello I've just bought a Sony KD48A9BU smart tv and intermittently cannot load mytv and get given error code or YVM3503. I've tried all of the reset's that YouView recommend but cannot get a resolution that is stable. Does this tv need a software update from YouView to fix the problem perminently? TV is fab but YouView is letting it down.
    Hi @David_H2020

Welcome to the forum :) 

Can you please let us know your YouView app version (Settings > Apps > YouView) and if your TV is connected to the internet via wifi or if it's connected by Ethernet directly into the router. It'd also be useful to know your TV software version as well. This is found in Settings > Device Preferences > About section and it will be at the very bottom under BUILD. 

Thanks,
    Sarah