UK play app

Hi,

I have a Humax T2000 DVR which has been lagging this last couple of months when you navigate around, acts real slow and now the UKplay app does not work. You click on it where it loads then disapperas and returns to the app menu without the app opening.

I have tried updating the app software but get the message to goto BT tv errors but cant find anything there except codes. 

Last thing i want to do is factory reset the unit but i have loads of recordings to watch and cant transfer them to enable reset.

thanks

Comments

• DarrenDarren Member, Super User Posts: 442 ✭✭
    Welcome to the Youview forums 
    Your issue sounds like the same as mine as I replied to you over on the BT forums.
    Maybe @Sarah will be able to help you and add you to the issue your are having.
    Also @Roy can be very helpfully as he has also helped me in the past.
    Have a look at this link.
    https://community.youview.com/youview/discussion/7606331/uk-tv-play-app-not-working#latest
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 16,459 ✭✭✭
    Hi @Darren and @mikeyranson

Darren, you don’t say if the Maintenance Mode, Keep Recordings, options worked for you or not; I’m guessing not.

But even so, I would recommend them for mikey, as even if it doesn’t fix the UK Play issue, it may fix the slowness.

Though, mikey, I can’t decipher ‘get the message to goto BT tv errors but cant find anything there except codes’ 😢 Can you please enlarge on what you mean here?
    Supporting YouView on Sony TVs is like nailing jelly to a herd of cats
    Yes it may help @mikeyranson with the slowness. A maintenance mode keep recording ever worked for me. 
    Have not tried a full reset as don’t want to lose some of the recording that I have on the box but if the worst come to it I would do a full reset. If it was to fully fix the problem.
  • SarahSarah Administrator Posts: 1,687 admin

Hi,

I have a Humax T2000 DVR which has been lagging this last couple of months when you navigate around, acts real slow and now the UKplay app does not work. You click on it where it loads then disapperas and returns to the app menu without the app opening.

I have tried updating the app software but get the message to goto BT tv errors but cant find anything there except codes. 

Last thing i want to do is factory reset the unit but i have loads of recordings to watch and cant transfer them to enable reset.

thanks

Hi @mikeyranson
    Welcome to the forum :) 
    I've dropped you a private message regarding the issue with UKTV. 
    Thanks,
    Sarah
  • DuckdownDuckdown Member Posts: 1
    Sarah, my UKTV Play app isn't working either together with all the other apps. Tries to load and then goes straight back to menu. Any ideas to rectify please? Thanks.
    edited 21 January 2021, 9:53PM
    There is a on going issue with the UKTV Player app on some Youview boxes that  Youview are still looking in to.
    As for all other apps turning your box off as the switch at the back or pull the plug wait 5 or 10 seconds turn box back on and let it reboot.That should solve the other apps,
    I have to occasionally reboot my two Youview boxes to get apps to work.
  • kodikidkodikid Member Posts: 506
    Ah those immortal words....youview are looking into it.
    Ignore this if you disagree. 
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 16,459 ✭✭✭
    edited 22 January 2021, 7:29AM
    Darren said:
    As for all other apps turning your box off as the switch at the back or pull the plug wait 5 or 10 seconds turn box back on and let it reboot.That should solve the other apps,
    Better, perhaps, is to touch and hold the On/Standby button for just over 8 seconds, until the box soft reboots itself, which gives it the opportunity to make an orderly shutdown before the restart.

Pulling the plug is best reserved for those times when the box goes so unresponsive that the 8-second reboot does not happen, and you really have no other choice.
    Supporting YouView on Sony TVs is like nailing jelly to a herd of cats
    Roy said:
    Darren said:
    Better, perhaps, is to touch and hold the On/Standby button for just over 8 seconds, until the box soft reboots itself, which gives it the opportunity to make an orderly shutdown before the restart.

Pulling the plug is best reserved for those times when the box goes so unresponsive that the 8-second reboot does not happen, and you really have no other choice.

Thanks Roy will try and remember that if it ever happens again to one of my boxes.