New Freeview Play Box from Humax called Aura

124»

Comments

  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 16,459 ✭✭✭
    kodikid said:
    Why go to a bakery to buy a bed.
    To go with my baking sheets, obviously 😛
    Supporting YouView on Sony TVs is like nailing jelly to a herd of cats
  • kodikidkodikid Member Posts: 506
    edited 20 January 2021, 10:01PM
    This time last year I vaguely remember that BT had signed off on a new tv box, since then it seems to have disappeared into the ether. 
    Ignore this if you disagree. 
  • redchizredchiz Member, Super User Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭
    I once saw a shop called Currys. Imagine my surprise when I found that they didn't.
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 16,459 ✭✭✭
    redchiz said:
    I once saw a shop called Currys. Imagine my surprise when I found that they didn't.
    Didn’t groom horses? 

    They won’t be able to gain favour with customers that way....
    Supporting YouView on Sony TVs is like nailing jelly to a herd of cats
  • SavenSaven Member Posts: 48
    edited 21 January 2021, 10:25AM
    redchiz said:
    I once saw a shop called Currys. Imagine my surprise when I found that they didn't.
    A friend of mine who wanted to be a spy sold furniture for 30 years. He joined MFI.
  • SavenSaven Member Posts: 48
    On a separate note, if you record ‘The Chase’ and then watch the recording but skip through the ads and Bradley Walsh acting the goat and all the other rubbish you can get through the show in 31 minutes.
  • kodikidkodikid Member Posts: 506
    Saven said:
    redchiz said:
    I once saw a shop called Currys. Imagine my surprise when I found that they didn't.
    A friend of mine who wanted to be a spy sold furniture for 30 years. He joined MFI.
    My mate always wanted to make hats....his dream came true when he won who wants to be a milliner. 
    Ignore this if you disagree. 
  • SavenSaven Member Posts: 48
    At my age, the only thing I want in life is half a dozen golf clubs.
  • kodikidkodikid Member Posts: 506
    Me just two will do...St Andrews and Royal Birkdale. 
    Ignore this if you disagree. 
  • SavenSaven Member Posts: 48
    kodikid said:
    Me just two will do...St Andrews and Royal Birkdale. 
    Well I only wanted one with a swimming pool.
  • VisionmanVisionman Member, Super User Posts: 9,983 ✭✭✭
    Aren't all HD and Ultra HD screens made by Vestel (Turkey)?
    I'm now happy with the disagree icon, because its gone.
  • kodikidkodikid Member Posts: 506
    How can you ask that question in the middle of this crisis...at home to Burnley, can things get any worse. 
    Ignore this if you disagree. 
  • DarrenDarren Member, Super User Posts: 442 ✭✭
    edited 21 January 2021, 10:32PM
    Visionman said:
    Aren't all HD and Ultra HD screens made by Vestel (Turkey)?
    No a small number are not but you are right most are.
    I have used Vestel Freeview PVR boxes in the past but branded with another name and although the boxes was fine after the first 14 to 18 months they stopped supporting software updates and after 2 or 3 year would start to play up.
    Would not recommend anyone get a Vestel made box or TV unless they did don't have the money to spend on a better make of TV/Freeview box.
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 16,459 ✭✭✭
    kodikid said:
    This time last year I vaguely remember that BT had signed off on a new tv box, since then it seems to have disappeared into the ether. 
    TalkTalk also. But I suspect COVID-19 has put a lot of plans on hold.
    Supporting YouView on Sony TVs is like nailing jelly to a herd of cats
  • VisionmanVisionman Member, Super User Posts: 9,983 ✭✭✭
    edited 22 January 2021, 4:15PM
    Roy said:
    kodikid said:
    This time last year I vaguely remember that BT had signed off on a new tv box, since then it seems to have disappeared into the ether. 
    TalkTalk also. But I suspect COVID-19 has put a lot of plans on hold.

    Yeah, Sagecom for BT, as Humax have vastly reduced their PVR manufacturing choices. Indeed they have pulled out of the satellite box market completely. The PVR market is a very small market these days, with streaming and whatnot. Which is the probable reason why YouView withdrew from the retail market. Just no profit in it.
    I'm now happy with the disagree icon, because its gone.
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 16,459 ✭✭✭
    Visionman said:
    Roy said:
    kodikid said:
    This time last year I vaguely remember that BT had signed off on a new tv box, since then it seems to have disappeared into the ether. 
    TalkTalk also. But I suspect COVID-19 has put a lot of plans on hold.

    Yeah, Sagecom for BT, as Humax have vastly reduced their PVR manufacturing choices. Indeed they have pulled out of the satellite box market completely. The PVR market is a very small market these days, with streaming and whatnot. Which is the probable reason why YouView withdrew from the retail market. Just no profit in it.
    There’s no profit in being YouView - why single out Retail?

    But on that note, this page:-
    https://www.youview.com/get-youview/
    probably needs a little updating.
    Supporting YouView on Sony TVs is like nailing jelly to a herd of cats
  • DarrenDarren Member, Super User Posts: 442 ✭✭
    I agree streaming services have now become even more popular. 
    Streaming TV, payed for and the free ones is now 80% of my monthly TV viewing but there are still about 10% or so of TV shows that are on TV still not available on catch up/on demand services.
    I still like to record at times and if watching a movie is on say ITV or Channel 4/Film4 I will pause the start of the movie for 5 or 10 mins just so I can fast forward some of the ads. 
    8 times out of 10 will now watch movies on Netflix, Prime, Now TV or if the BBC got a good movie on that I want to see or have not seen in a few years.
    The Humax  BT Youview PVR after the T1000 box has been one of the more reliable boxes that I have used over the years.
    Shame that Humax seem to be starting to be reducing there manufacturing of PVR boxes.
  • kodikidkodikid Member Posts: 506
    Ironic that they (Humax) bring out a new PVR box and one of the biggest complaints against it is it can't access certain streaming sites. 
    Ignore this if you disagree. 
  • VisionmanVisionman Member, Super User Posts: 9,983 ✭✭✭
    You can mention them on here you know...
    I'm now happy with the disagree icon, because its gone.
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 16,459 ✭✭✭
    Visionman said:
    You can mention them on here you know...
    Paradoxically, perhaps, that would detract from the simple elegance of @kodikid’s pithy observation.
    Supporting YouView on Sony TVs is like nailing jelly to a herd of cats
  • SavenSaven Member Posts: 48
    kodikid said:
    Ironic that they (Humax) bring out a new PVR box and one of the biggest complaints against it is it can't access certain streaming sites. 
    Well not from an iPhone!😀
  • SavenSaven Member Posts: 48
    Humax Aura IOS available now.
  • kodikidkodikid Member Posts: 506
    Also on play store,  first report's not glowing. 

    Ignore this if you disagree. 
  • Very interesting
  • pschafferpschaffer Member Posts: 1
    Very interesting
    Is this it: 


Sign In or Register to comment.