Program failed to record.

TH1680TH1680 Member Posts: 5
My YouView box works very well apart from a recent problem arising with one program. Just ‘The Bidding Room’ on BBC1 sometimes fails to record. Sometimes it records correctly. Anyone got any ideas on what is wrong?

Comments

• zulu17zulu17 Member, Super User Posts: 1,043 ✭✭
    Are you setting it as a series recording. if so you should get recordings occurring for that (BBC defined series).
    Looking at the upcoming schedules there seem to be a series of programmes typically scheduled at 16.30 with occasional weekend repeat  plus a separate second series of compilations filling a 7.30 slot on Wednesdays. 
    Covid  News coverage is also liable to change those programme schedules at short notice.
  • Stevef_fr8ysStevef_fr8ys Member, Super User Posts: 422 ✭✭
    Isnt it being postponed for the Prime Minister's Briefings?

If its scheduled and postponed it will show as a failure.

Scroll back through the schedules to a day it failed to see if it was broadcast.
    @TH1680, you will probably find todays recording will fail as there is now a briefing scheduled.
  • TH1680TH1680 Member Posts: 5
    The program is set for series record and I was aware of the day which it was postponed due to the USA Presidential inauguration. The Thursday and Friday episodes after that were ok. This week we just noticed Wednesday night (27th Jan) that Mon, Tues, and Wed failed to record. Will stand by the set and observe what happens today. This is the only program that ever fails to record. 
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 16,551 ✭✭✭
    TH1680 said:
    The program is set for series record and I was aware of the day which it was postponed due to the USA Presidential inauguration. The Thursday and Friday episodes after that were ok. This week we just noticed Wednesday night (27th Jan) that Mon, Tues, and Wed failed to record. Will stand by the set and observe what happens today. This is the only program that ever fails to record. 
    That handy device, the seven days backwards EPG on your YouView box or the BT TV app, will show you that Coronavirus briefings supplanted The Bidding Room on these three days.
    Supporting YouView on Sony TVs is like nailing jelly to a herd of cats
    Many thanks Roy. So glad it is as simple as that. Never had occasion to look at a backwards EPG before. Clearly very useful.
    Terry
    That's why I suggested you scroll back through the guide in my initial response on the 18th!
  • John LJohn L Member, Super User Posts: 766 ✭✭
    Never had occasion to look at a backwards EPG before

Hi TH1680,
    That's why the Youview was invented. The box not only allows you to watch Live tv + plan ahead (as with all pvrs) but also to added feature of being able to scroll back on 7 days. Comes in very useful when checking what you have missed or box hasn't correctly recorded.

Glad you are now able to resolve your issue. John L
    Can't wait for the day when Youview get rid of the dreaded darkened banner when using fast forward/rewind recordings. 
    I wonder whether mine is an outdated box as my EPG guide only shows information from today. If I scroll back to the previous days it shows ‘no information available’ against all channels. 
  • John LJohn L Member, Super User Posts: 766 ✭✭
    edited 28 January 2021, 6:33PM
    Hi TH1680,

Is your Youview box connected to broadband? Box needs to be connected with ethernet  cable. Also check via settings menu and check if connected. This maybe your problem. John L
    Can't wait for the day when Youview get rid of the dreaded darkened banner when using fast forward/rewind recordings. 
    Doh, thank you John. It used to be connected but just remembered I ‘tidied’ up everything behind the TV several months ago and disconnected and removed the ethernet cable!!!
    I’ll now skulk off to a corner. 
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 16,551 ✭✭✭
    That's why I suggested you scroll back through the guide in my initial response on the 18th!
    @Stevef_fr8ys

Like trying to play football with a rugger ball, perhaps it was too elliptical? 😛
    Supporting YouView on Sony TVs is like nailing jelly to a herd of cats