Itv hub app on my jvc smart TV won't open

Kerry33Kerry33 Member Posts: 1
I get this message when I try to open the app on my jvc smart TV. I'm connected to my smart hub with EE. I also have Sky TV 

Comments

• Stevef_fr8ysStevef_fr8ys Member, Super User Posts: 422 ✭✭
    Hi,

This forum is for YouView devices, set top boxes and Sony TVs.

You'd be best seeking out a JVC forum, but the issue appears to be that you do not have ITV tuned in as a channel on your tv, and the TV needs to be connected to the internet for the app to run.

To check your internet connection is working, can you access iPlayer?

Hope this helps, but as said you would be best to seek out a JVC forum if more help is required.
  • Kerry33Kerry33 Member Posts: 1
    I can't open any apps apart from YouTube. My TV is connected to my WiFi smart hub with EE. BBCIPLAYER, My5, ITV HUB and all4 won't open. Why is YouTube working and not the others.

• Stevef_fr8ysStevef_fr8ys Member, Super User Posts: 422 ✭✭
    Sounds like an issue with your router maybe, or your tv.

Contact EE for advice or a JVC forum. As I said this is a YouView forum, not a general help forum. Sorry.
  • DarrenDarren Member, Super User Posts: 466 ✭✭
    As @Stevef_fr8ys says this is a forum about Youview.
    You could also posted for help over on the Digital Spy forums
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 16,549 ✭✭✭
    Kerry33 said:
    I can't open any apps apart from YouTube. My TV is connected to my WiFi smart hub with EE. BBCIPLAYER, My5, ITV HUB and all4 won't open. Why is YouTube working and not the others.

@Kerry33

You are sure this is a JVC TV, and not a Sony Android one? 😛

It sounds like these apps on your TV do the YouView-like thing of requiring the terrestrial channels to be tuned in before you can use the associated players, a problem that has afflicted Sony Android TVs for several years.

And the advice we give users of those YouView-equipped sets is:-

If they have Sky, they may not have a terrestrial aerial or be able to connect one. If so, this is likely your problem. 

Sony user’s choices are:-
    To connect a terrestrial aerial and do that tuning;
    or assuming they are talking about a new TV, contact the retailer and get it swapped for one from a make that doesn't have this limitation;
    or buy a stick, perhaps one of the Amazon Prime ones, and use that to get the Players for these channels.

But as you have been advised above, JVC TVs are a bit out of our remit here, so the advice we give Sony users may not entirely apply, and you should take further advice, giving the model number of your TV, from sources where your set is well understood.

Supporting YouView on Sony TVs is like nailing jelly to a herd of cats