All4 and ITV hub suddenly won’t play past first adverts on Sony TV

All4 and ITV hub suddenly won’t play past first adverts on Sony TV: normally works fine now won’t play anything after the initial adverts so can’t watch anything sadly. Iplayer works fine. Please help. 

Comments

• MrsWMrsW Member Posts: 1
    edited 16 September 2019, 12:46AM
    I have just bought a brand new Bravia KD-49XG83xx and set it up today. I am having exactly the same issues. Have read of lots of issues like this and have cleared caches and data and have done a factory reset. Still not working. Everything else is working fine - including iPlayer etc, just no ITV Hub or All4 playing any programmes past the adverts before the programme starts. I get a "Whoops what's going on here? It looks like there is a problem playing your video. We know this is the last thing you want...blah blah blah".
     No parental control on or any other restrictions.
    Having forked out the guts of £800 on this tv I am mighty annoyed. We felt like we were treating ourselves to a premium 43" tv but if one of the UK's main catch up tv apps doesn't work, then it's not quite premium, is it?
    Sony, can you pull your finger out and sort this out, please?
  • GoodbyeGoodbye Time out Posts: 336
    If you want a life of faultless streaming then return the TV as not fit for purpose, avoid Sony youview and invest in a Hisense or Samsung freeview play or buy a box/stick, much cheaper and way beyond more reliable. 
  • SarahSarah Administrator Posts: 1,705 admin
    edited 16 September 2019, 3:22PM
    Hi @gadgetgirl

Welcome to the forum :)

Can you please let us know the following info: 
    - TV model and the version of Android it's running on (these should be in the About section of settings)
    - Software version of the TV (you can find this in Help, usually in one of the corners starting with a PKG)
    - Does this happen on all content you try and watch?
    - The content you've tried to watch - please include series and episode numbers
    - Did you launch the content from the guide or directly from the All4?
    - How is your TV connected to the internet?
    - Your ISP (internet service provider)
    - Your region (e.g. North East, London, Yorkshire etc)

@mrsW can you please let us know the software version your tv is running on? Also just to clarify, when you say you have cleared the cache, did you clear the YVservice host APK cache as mentioned here? It'd also be useful for us to know your ISP and your region.

Thanks,
    Sarah
  • bacarbacar Member Posts: 6
    I’m having the same issue on a Humax DTRT2100. Same error in itv hub after ads, all4 just hangs after ads. No problems with iplayer. L

Confident that it’s not a connection issue as my ancient DTRT1000 is able to load both just fine.

Model: Humax DTRT2100
    Variant: 84B08500
    Component s/w: 3.6.48(b02cd)
    Manufacturer s/w: 32.23.50
    Platform config: 4591 (e1cafa85)
    ISP config: 21198
  • Hi, I have the exact same issue as @gadgetgirl. Has anyone found a fix to this yet? I've paid out £800 for a Sony TV and cannot access any on demand services from ITV Hub, My5 and Channel 4. BBC iPlayer seems fine. When I try to watch a program the adverts start fine but as soon as the program is about to start I get the message "Whoops what's going on here? It looks like there is a problem playing your video. We know this is the last thing you want...etc" Can someone please let me know of a fix!!!
  • joneshjonesh Member, Super User Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭
    edited 18 October 2019, 10:39PM
    Have a read of this.
  • Vicko123Vicko123 Member Posts: 2
    Hey,

Has anyone found a resolution to this yet? I’ve done a soft reset and 2 factory resets now. All up to date, and I am still having the same issue. Really frustrating to say the least - this was not a cheap tv!! It’s worked for over a year with no problems - has the latest update caused this? 

• John LJohn L Member, Super User Posts: 766 ✭✭
    edited 20 January 2020, 9:49AM
    Vicko123 said:
    Hey,

Has anyone found a resolution to this yet? I’ve done a soft reset and 2 factory resets now. All up to date, and I am still having the same issue. Really frustrating to say the least - this was not a cheap tv!! It’s worked for over a year with no problems - has the latest update caused this? 

The current Sony TV problem . . . Have you ticked all boxes when you set up your TV? It seems to be happening all over UK.
    https://community.youview.com/youview/discussion/comment/19002379/#Comment_19002379
    Hopefully this link will help you. Please let forum know how you get on. John L
    Can't wait for the day when Youview get rid of the dreaded darkened banner when using fast forward/rewind recordings. 
  • Vicko123Vicko123 Member Posts: 2
    John L said:
    Vicko123 said:
    Hey,

The current Sony TV problem . . . Have you ticked all boxes when you set up your TV? It seems to be happening all over UK.
    https://community.youview.com/youview/discussion/comment/19002379/#Comment_19002379

Hi John

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I went through the factory reset a 2nd time and made sure I agreed to everything (despite not wanting my viewing habits analysed - we shouldn’t be forced in to this!!). Still hasn’t sorted the issue!

• John LJohn L Member, Super User Posts: 766 ✭✭
    edited 20 January 2020, 9:50AM
    Vicko123 said:
    John L said:
    Vicko123 said:
    Hey,

Hi John

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I went through the factory reset a 2nd time and made sure I agreed to everything (despite not wanting my viewing habits analysed - we shouldn’t be forced in to this!!). Still hasn’t sorted the issue!

Very frustrating. I would now contact either Sony customer services or the shop where you purchased your new TV. Not only do you have a warranty, but also the sales of goods act, that lasts up to 6 years for the consumer. Hope I have helped, hopefully Sony can help you. John L 
    Can't wait for the day when Youview get rid of the dreaded darkened banner when using fast forward/rewind recordings. 
  • kodikidkodikid Member Posts: 549 ✭✭
    Realise it's not the point but a simple fix to access catch up might be just to plug in a fire stick or something equivalent. 

Ignore this if you disagree. 
    Hi @Vicko123
    Do you have your aerial plugged into the TV? Some of the apps including ITV Hub require an aerial connection to identify your region in order to provide you with the correct selection of content. Is your TV connected to the internet as well?
    I know you've mentioned that you've checked the terms when setting up again but can you please confirm that you definitely have "Sony Smart TV services" ticked when you go to Settings > Initial Set up? We have had numerous users coming to us with the same problem in the last few months as this setting needs to be ticked for ITV Hub, All4 and My5 to work on the TV so we just want to get this fully confirmed before we investigate this further. 
    Thanks,
    Sarah
  • Nezumi80Nezumi80 Member Posts: 1
    Ok so it's October 2020 and I've not seen anyone say this has been resolved..... I've a sony tv and I'm having the same issues. All other app work perfectly - just itv hub and my4 where I can only view adverts before it crashes on the loading screen 🤷‍♀️ help!
    Nezumi80 said:
    Ok so it's October 2020 and I've not seen anyone say this has been resolved..... I've a sony tv and I'm having the same issues. All other app work perfectly - just itv hub and my4 where I can only view adverts before it crashes on the loading screen 🤷‍♀️ help!
    Hi @Nezumi80

Have you ensured that 'Sony Smart Services' is ticked when going through the initial set up (mentioned above)? Those apps will not work unless you have this section ticked. 

Thanks,
    Sarah
  • Smithy29ukSmithy29uk Member Posts: 2
    I have the same issue on my bravia TV 
    BBC iplayer is fine but all4 and itv do not play past initial adds. And I don't get any box that reqs ticking on initial setup on settings menu just says about changing connection no tick box options about Sony smart services. 
  • Smithy29ukSmithy29uk Member Posts: 2
    Sorted it! Just do software update and there you will find the option for sony smart services that reqs the tick in the box. 
  • I have a new Sony Bravia tv KD-55A8. The ITV Hub freezes after the second advert. Tried restarting (first time this worked then stopped on next episode), tried initial set-up again (no choice of Sony Smart Services to tick) and still will not working! Sony software update just asks if want to update, no Sony Smart Services tick box available. There must be an answer to this. Please,  please someone help. At wits end now!
  • DelfinoDelfino Member Posts: 7
    edited 2 February 2021, 10:40PM
    Hi @Sarah,

I have had this issue before and you resolved it at the Youview side.
    It has just started happening again.
    My TV is  a SONY Bravia KD65XF7596BU 65".
    Happens on ITVHUB on every episode of Finding Alice and Marcella.
    It gets to the 2nd or 3rd advert break, runs the sponsors advert, tries to load the second but fails with the circling swirl on the screen.

Only way to watch from there that I have found is to come out completely, start the programme from the beginning and then fast forward past the offending place, and then rewind to just after the advert break.

Don't have the same problem on a Panasonic TV or other devices. TV has a really strong broadband connection and is on BT fibre. 

It's not the broadband. It's an error on Youview or an incompatibility error with Youview and ITV Player. We're in the North West of England. Content is launched via ITV Hub rather than the Guide. 

PS yes I have sony smart services set on and everything works on the BBC iPlayer and any other streaming service.

You (Sarah the administrator) advised that had been resolved with All4 on 20th Feb 2019.

Please can you advise

Sarah said:
    Hi @gadgetgirl

Can you please let us know the following info: 
    - TV model and the version of Android it's running on (these should be in the About section of settings)
    - Software version of the TV (you can find this in Help, usually in one of the corners starting with a PKG)
    - Does this happen on all content you try and watch?
    - The content you've tried to watch - please include series and episode numbers
    - Did you launch the content from the guide or directly from the All4?
    - How is your TV connected to the internet?
    - Your ISP (internet service provider)
    - Your region (e.g. North East, London, Yorkshire etc)

@mrsW can you please let us know the software version your tv is running on? Also just to clarify, when you say you have cleared the cache, did you clear the YVservice host APK cache as mentioned here? It'd also be useful for us to know your ISP and your region.

Thanks,
    Sarah