talk talk box dnt372t freezing an sticking

keeps sticking and freezing loads having to keep rebooting it so many times jonathan 

Comments

• John LJohn L Member, Super User Posts: 766 ✭✭
    Good morning Michelle,
    Who is Jonathan? You have a problem with your Youview box? Can you provide more information. Hopefully someone can help you. I know you posted screenshots on another Topic section this week regarding zero recordings. Is this another problem with same box?

Have you tried unplugging/doing a soft power reset? or if this doesn't work try reading the above information that can be found via Help/Support at top of this page in search bar: Using Maintenance Mode - YouView Support  Option 2 recommended option to start with first. This can solve most problems. Please let the forum know how you get on/hopefully you will get this resolved today. John L
    Can't wait for the day when Youview get rid of the dreaded darkened banner when using fast forward/rewind recordings. 
  • Stevef_fr8ysStevef_fr8ys Member, Super User Posts: 422 ✭✭
    @michellekeegan, are you still in contract with TalkTalk?

If so, probably worth posting on their forum as if the box is faulty, they will probably replace it.
    https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/TalkTalk-TV/bd-p/116

In the meantime, have you tried soft resetting the box by holding the front on button until it reboots? Or the maintenance reset?

https://support.youview.com/youview-box/box-and-remote/using-maintenance-mode/
  • hi john my user name is michelle as there isnt enough usernames  and im jonathan yes the 0 recordings is the other issue on the same box and times the other issue is it keeps freezing and sticking so im having to keep rebooting it and regard the 0 recordings the other user stated it the recordings are not going on the box and thats why you keep getting 0 recordings i havent seen this 1 before when this first came about it i finished it bye stopping it and that was it no 0 recordings flashed up so i guess it was finished but now you stop a recording it flashes up but it didnt before ive tried all the above points and kept rebboting it the box 
  • John LJohn L Member, Super User Posts: 766 ✭✭
    Hi Jonathan, 
    Have a go with the maintenance mode as per the link above. Hopefully this will resolve your problem/s. If it doesn't, then at least you have tried. The Youview boxes do jam up from time to time & need to be reset. It might even be a hard drive problem, there are methods to repair if you need more information. Please let forum know how you get on. Good luck. John L
    Can't wait for the day when Youview get rid of the dreaded darkened banner when using fast forward/rewind recordings.