Problems with box after watching iplayer

So with lockdown I’ve been doing a lot of binge watching on the BBC iplayer app. But now, every time I exit iplayer, my box won’t respond to my remote control. It goes back to the channel I was watching before I entered iplayer, but I can’t change the channel, access my recordings, all I can do is standby the box off. I’ve changed the batteries, synced it to the box, I even have an additional working remote but still nothing works. I have to unplug the box and restart.
Is this a common problem or is my box definitely on its last legs!! 
Tagged:

Comments

• RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 16,551 ✭✭✭
    @Claire Twine

You do seem to have ongoing problems with your box 😢

Please refresh my memory as to what box model this is, and what reboots you have done, from Maintenance Mode Options 1 to 5, to what effect?

https://support.youview.com/youview-box/box-and-remote/using-maintenance-mode/
    Supporting YouView on Sony TVs is like nailing jelly to a herd of cats
  • Claire TwineClaire Twine Member Posts: 65
    It’s a T2000, but it’s working ok now. When it’s happened before I’ve just rebooted the box. But last night the box was recording so I didn’t want to lose the recording by rebooting, so I just put it in standby. This morning it’s all working ok! I think when I exit iplayer I need to let the box catch up!
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 16,551 ✭✭✭
    @Claire Twine

It might be OK again now, but your YouView box seems to be giving you constant low-level annoyances of one odd sort or another.

I strongly suggest that you do a Maintenance Mode Option 2, as per the link I gave above, at some time when you are not recording or about to, to give the box a little tune-up. Option 2 does preserve all your existing recordings.
    Supporting YouView on Sony TVs is like nailing jelly to a herd of cats