Alexa Voice control is temporarily unavailable

zulu17zulu17 Member, Super User Posts: 1,043 ✭✭
Reported on the BT community this afternoon
https://community.bt.com/t5/YouView-from-BT/BT-TV-Voice-Control-with-Alexa/m-p/2132614#M60982

I also have tried and  get the Sorry , Voice Control is temporarily unavailable message when using Alexa to Search.

Comments

• DarrenDarren Member, Super User Posts: 466 ✭✭
    I have always found that Alexa voice search on Youview boxes to just be basic search and sometimes it don't fully work with my Echos.
    I have not tried Alexa Voice search with my Youview boxes for a month or two.
    Voice search on Youview could have been better. As if you look at the likes of Sky Q and the Amazon Fire Stick voice search and commands seem to work well.
    I do think Youview have decided not to improve on voice search.

Darren

• This started for us a week or so ago, worked fine before, in its limited way but now "temporaraly unavailable". (On screen)  For how long?  Nobody seems to know! No error code or anything.  Tried uninstalling skill and disabling etc. Still doesnt work anymore.
    Alexa seems unaware she can no longer search for programmes, in the past she has said she had trouble with bt tv but now we just get this message on the screen.
  • SarahSarah Administrator Posts: 1,705 admin
    Hi @zulu17 @Choppo
    We are working to fix an issue with voice control, we have had to temporarily disable it for now, but we hope to reinstate the functionality as soon as possible.
    We'll update once we have more info to share on this.
    Thanks,
    Sarah
  • 1Welshman1Welshman Member Posts: 16
    its working again  as of 8pm 19/02/2021