BT Fibre + TV renewal deals?

ColinK2ColinK2 Member Posts: 7
What sort of deals are BT Fibre + TV customers getting, presumable after haggling with retentions?

Comments

• RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 16,551 ✭✭✭
    @ColinK2

Don't haggle with Retentions, something you can only do after your first 18-month contract.

Haggle upfront, before even committing, as I did coming from Sky. But what I got (kit and discount) I am bounden not to reveal.
    Supporting YouView on Sony TVs is like nailing jelly to a herd of cats
  • ColinK2ColinK2 Member Posts: 7
    Thanks for your input.

Did you get a better deal than best online deal with cashback?

Did you haggle on the phone or in person with a Sky sales person (not possible at the minute we’re I live)?
    ColinK2 said:
    Thanks for your input.

Did you get a better deal than best online deal with cashback?

No idea.

Did you haggle on the phone or in person with a Sky sales person (not possible at the minute where I live)?

No, because Sky don’t offer BT deals 😛

• ColinK2ColinK2 Member Posts: 7
    I was not asking about you enquiring about a BT deal, you were clear it was Sky, but thanks for your input.

I realise that Sky would have to extinguish you if you divulged any more :-) 
    edited 25 February 2021, 10:05AM
    ColinK2 said:
    I was not asking about you enquiring about a BT deal, you were clear it was Sky, but thanks for your input.

I realise that Sky would have to extinguish you if you divulged any more :-) 
    @ColinK2

A closer reading of my posting will show that I said ‘coming from Sky’, i.e. going to BT. 

As I moved to an address where you couldn’t get Sky Broadband anyway (no LLU in the local exchange), so no retention discussion with them was possible. BT or PlusNet were my only choices for decent speed, and they knew it.

So 26Mbps of the promised 35, adequate but not exciting. Then, later, 500Mbps FTTR, of which I could get 350Mbps in the lounge, and never less than 120Mbps anywhere, with a disc. But the router was in the bottom right hand corner of the house, practically on the floor, so far from ideal.

Here, I can get 300Mbps all over the house, from a centrally placed router 7 feet up in the understairs cupboard, which is a much better location. And maybe more if I can figure where to put the disc, which is still awaiting unpacking.

Rocking HDM on the BBC iPlayer in UHD on my T4000, and on a new LG Nano, both at once, sweet as a nut.