Humax DTRT4000 Recording 1 channel

nellybcnellybc Member Posts: 3
Hello

I have just received another youview box from BT as the last was having power issues and we lost the recordings.

I am currently recording 1 channel. HDBTSPORT1 - Burnley vs Arsenal. My son comes in and wants to watch which should be no problem? Turns on 487 Boomerang and it says to watch this channel you need to cancel the recording ?  This never happened on my old box. Does anybody have any ideas ?? 

Thanks

Comments

• John LJohn L Member, Super User Posts: 825 ✭✭
    edited 6 March 2021, 3:30PM
    Hi @nellybc,
    Welcome to the Youview user forum. My first thoughts are:
    1. Did BT send you a replacement box (already previously used - not brand new)?
    2. Did you do a factory reset first before using the pvr? One of my own habits with all my new/newer equipment inc. Freesat just to make sure its running ok. I do a test recording on 2 channels at same time & then if ok, format hard drive & machine is hopefully "ready for the road ahead". There are too many bugs in software often on pvrs, so worth doing this. Not saying you have to, but something I do. 
    3. Have you retuned channels again. Try unplugging aerial, tuning (to clear channel memory from previous user/channels tuned) then replug aerial & retune again.

@nellybc, have a go at these points & please let forum know how you get on/if you need more help I would chase BT who provide you with a "service contract". If their error, they should have reset box in first place. Hopefully given you some help. I'm sure others can add more tips for you. John L
    Can't wait for the day when Youview get rid of the dreaded darkened banner when using fast forward/rewind recordings. 
  • nellybcnellybc Member Posts: 3
    Hi John, thanks for the comments. I think it is a brand new if somewhat reformatted. I will double check the 2 recordings at the same time. The engineer set the box up so I will unplug the arieal and re-tune. Will let you know later on...  Thanks!!
  • nellybcnellybc Member Posts: 3
    OK, first check.

I can record 2 things at the same time.

Unplugged ariel and retuned.

Now I can record SportHD1 and change channel to alibi 312. 

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

@nellybc,
    Glad you managed to hopefully resolve your problem. This is a very good forum for help and advice. Hopefully BT did provide you with new box, but you never know, could be refurbished unit. Happy watching! John L
    Can't wait for the day when Youview get rid of the dreaded darkened banner when using fast forward/rewind recordings. 
    nellybc said:
    Hi John, thanks for the comments. I think it is a brand new if somewhat reformatted. I will double check the 2 recordings at the same time. The engineer set the box up so I will unplug the arieal and re-tune. Will let you know later on...  Thanks!!
    @nellybc,
    Just one question. You mention engineer set up your box. I was under the impression that boxes were posted to customer, for customer to unpack and plug in/setup same as with free ISP routers provided by Broadband provider. If this is the case, it would explain why so many subscription users (I'm a private user purchased my own box independently) are asking for help. Have no idea what to do. Can you confirm this? It would explain why there are lots of requests for help. Hope your box is still working correctly. John L

• kodikidkodikid Member Posts: 701 ✭✭
    BT router and youview box are both packaged to fit through a letter box. Engineers visit is a paid for option. 
    Ignore this if you disagree. 
    Yes that makes sense, but explains why some users are having problems with most basic faults that can be resolved quickly. John L
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 16,889 ✭✭✭
    edited 7 March 2021, 1:00PM
    @John L @kodikid

It doesn’t explain anything. We have two scenarios:-

(i) an engineer attended, and left the box in a faulty condition;
    (ii) the box was working fine when the engineer left, but faulted afterwards.

Given that the engineer is very unlikely to have tested the ‘two recordings at once’ situation, unless this was what was complained of initially, we might well conclude that (i) could have been the case; but I would hesitate to fault the engineer for this, as I am sure he will have checked the basics, which is perhaps all you could reasonably ask for in the circumstances.

But be it (i) or be it (ii), this is something a non-technical customer might not be expected to deal with.

Which is why we are here, and why BT TV Tech support is there, for BT TV subscribers.

It is a feather in your cap that you were able to resolve the issue for @nellybc, thus saving her from the tender mercies of another call to BT 😀
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful’ Wm Morris
    Hi @roy,
    Yes appreciate that. My query wasn't actually regarding this case. My question at the end was In general, do most subscription users have their boxes "installed" by engineer, or as kodikid mentioned, posted through letter box for customer to unpack themselves and set up. It would explain other cases. Kodikid has answered the question, you pay extra for engineer to setup if opted for. Perhaps I should have asked question on a separate topic. Thank you anyway Roy for your input. John L
  • kodikidkodikid Member Posts: 701 ✭✭
    If you ordered the same items from Amazon no doubt they would arrive in a cardboard box the size of a suitcase 🤔
    Ignore this if you disagree. 
    kodikid said:
    If you ordered the same items from Amazon no doubt they would arrive in a cardboard box the size of a suitcase 🤔
    Do they want the cardboard box back? John L