Apps upade

DarrenDarren Member, Super User Posts: 528 ✭✭
I see the Now TV app has a minor new look on Youview as well as on my Amazon Firestick. 
Was wondering if anyone knows when the ITV Hub would be getting updated to its new look that has been on my Amazon Firestick and iPad Mini for almost a week now.

Comments

• kodikidkodikid Member Posts: 727 ✭✭
    edited 17 March 2021, 4:41PM
    Apparently it's no longer called Now TV.
    The new radical ground breaking title is Now.
    And you thought youview only did pointless changes. 
    To be fair though now was sky's original first choice as they wanted a snappy 3 letter branding to sit along sky.
    Back in 2012 though now was strongly associated with cd's so it became now tv.
    They obviously think in 2021 such confusion no longer exists. 
    Ignore this if you disagree. 
  • Ken Hill1Ken Hill1 Member Posts: 261 ✭✭
    Since the update of NOW TV for now it looks like I've got two accounts one for BT and one on the NOW TV device so if I'm using the the now app on BT it doesn't go on to my tablet but on my tablet that has got YouView boxes added and on the NOW TV device I got a new another account can anyone help me of our can I get it on my tablet with the NOW account on BT
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 16,958 ✭✭✭
    edited 22 March 2021, 10:10AM
    @Ken Hill1

Do you subscribe to Now (TV) via BT? If so, you should call the helpline on 0800 800 150, and ask them to help you sort it out.

If not, then you have possibly set up an additional Now account. Or this may be a bug introduced in the switch of names, though that should be purely cosmetic.

I don’t quite know what you mean by ‘doesn’t go on to my tablet’; is it that if you have been watching something on your BT YouView box, then the Now app on the tablet doesn’t continue from there, or what?

I also don’t know what you mean by ‘my Tablet that has got YouView boxes added’ (I’m aware that you have communication difficulties, and I have tried to figure out what you might mean, but failed to 😢).

But open the Now app on the YouView box, scroll down to the very bottom, then across three to My Account, and make a note of who you are signed in as, and which Memberships (previously Passes) are shown as Active on the left. Then exit (don’t sign out!)

Next, repeat these steps on the Now app on the tablet by scrolling down to the very bottom of the Now Home screen display, and across to the far right, where you will again find the box called My Account; that will show you who you are signed in as.

Is this the same as on the YouView box? The ‘signed in as’, and/or the Memberships?  If it is, then come back and report, and we will try to figure out how the two versions of the app have got out of sync.

But if it is indeed a different name, then note what Memberships it has, and come back and report this also.

At this point, you could sign out of the new name, and sign in again with the ID you use on the YouView box. But be warned that if you have indeed started a new account, then you are going to be paying twice for Now, once on each account, and you don’t want that.

So you need to Cancel any Active Memberships (which are hopefully just free trials at present!) on the new account before you do this.

But for the moment, just carry out the steps as above, let us know what you find, and we can advise you how you should proceed from there. 
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful’ Wm Morris
  • redchizredchiz Member, Super User Posts: 5,249 ✭✭✭
    I guess it reflects the fact that they are not just a TV provider, although their ISP service has been around for a while. 
  • Ken Hill1Ken Hill1 Member Posts: 261 ✭✭
    Roy said:
    @Ken Hill1

Do you subscribe to Now (TV) via BT? If so, you should call the helpline on 0800 800 150, and ask them to help you sort it out.

If not, then you have possibly set up an additional Now account. Or this may be a bug introduced in the switch of names, though that should be purely cosmetic.

I don’t quite know what you mean by ‘doesn’t go on to my tablet’; is it that if you have been watching something on your BT YouView box, then the Now app on the tablet doesn’t continue from there, or what?

I also don’t know what you mean by ‘my Tablet that has got YouView boxes added’ (I’m aware that you have communication difficulties, and I have tried to figure out what you might mean, but failed to 😢).

But open the Now app on the YouView box, scroll down to the very bottom, then across three to My Account, and make a note of who you are signed in as, and which Memberships (previously Passes) are shown as Active on the left. Then exit (don’t sign out!)

Next, repeat these steps on the Now app on the tablet by scrolling douwn to the very bottom of the Now Home screen display, and across to the far right, where you will again find the box called My Account; that will show you who you are signed in as.

Is this the same as on the YouView box? The ‘signed in as’, and/or the Memberships?  If it is, then come back and report, and we will try to figure out how the two versions of the app have got out of sync.

But if it is indeed a different name, then note what Memberships it has, and come back and report this also.

At this point, you could sign out of the new name, and sign in again with the ID you use on the YouView box. But be warned that if you have indeed started a new account, then you are going to be paying twice for Now, once on each account, and you don’t want that.

So you need to Cancel any Active Memberships (which are hopefully just free trials at present!) on the new account before you do this.

But for the moment, just carry out the steps as above, let us know what you find, and we can advise you how you should proceed from there. 
    I've got it roy I had to in  to  into my BT app and go into profile and change it.