The prime video app

Ken Hill1Ken Hill1 Member Posts: 251 ✭✭
edited 1 April 2021, 11:06AM in Discussion
On my DT21000 the prime video app it is loading so slow since my upgraded the prime video but on my dt400 box it's ok and the rest of the apps on the dt2100 are loading perfectly it's just the prime video app that is slow anyone else got this problem on this box

Comments

• DarrenDarren Member, Super User Posts: 492 ✭✭
    edited 1 April 2021, 9:58PM
    Working fine with me in my on the T2100.
    I did have to however turn box off and on again and let box reboot after the last software update just under 2 weeks ago as some apps stopped working.
    All fine now though. Every once in a while I do find the Youview boxes do need rebooting to get apps to work.
    As I posted in another thread on here. I now find since getting the Amazon Fire Stick just over 2 months ago. That I have been using that a little more for the apps than I have been on the Youview box.
    I have also been using Disney + on the Fire Stick just over 3 weeks now,
  • Ken Hill1Ken Hill1 Member Posts: 251 ✭✭
    edited 2 April 2021, 2:01PM
    Darren said:
    Working fine with me in my on the T2100.
    I did have to however turn box off and on again and let box reboot after the last software update just under 2 weeks ago as some apps stopped working.
    All fine now though. Every once in a while I do find the Youview boxes do need rebooting to get apps to work.
    As I posted in another thread on here. I now find since getting the Amazon Fire Stick just over 2 months ago. That I have been using that a little more for the apps than I have been on the Youview box.
    I have also been using Disney + on the Fire Stick just over 3 weeks now,
    I haven't rebooted mine so I may do so also I'm the same I use my fire stick for Disney Plus I use Disney plus all the time more than the rest off the apps I think it the best app going i  are you could say I'm always on my fire stick more than the BT boxes with Disney plus app.
  • kodikidkodikid Member Posts: 624 ✭✭
    edited 2 April 2021, 2:47PM
    Have to agree, the star channel addition just makes it so much better. Wouldn't it great it youview did Disney and YouTube
    Just been offered Sky movies for 6 months for £4.99 monthly,  with the cinemas being shut for the last year and no real new content coming through I'll probably pass on this one.
    Either way the now offers are like buses, miss one and another soon turns up, unless of course you subscribe to BT tv.

Ignore this if you disagree. 
    edited 2 April 2021, 6:50PM
    I did hear a rumour ITV BBC are in talks with Sky to have britbox app on Sky q I got this information on beatbox group on Facebook if you are a member with britbox.
  • DarrenDarren Member, Super User Posts: 492 ✭✭
    edited 2 April 2021, 9:11PM
    Have never been too interested in getting Britbox.
    When my Now TV Big Entertainment with BT ends next February I may think about canceling it and get Entertainment and Movies direct from Now but keep BT for Internet as I got an ok deal 6 weeks ago for BT FTTC.
    It was a few weeks after Star Channel joined Disney + that I got Disney +.
    I will say though it's been well over 2 weeks since I watched a movie on Sky Cinema/Sky Cinema on demand. Last movies I watched was on Disney + and Netflix. Also been over 2 weeks since I watched a movie on Prime.
    Think I got about enough streaming services payed for as well as the free main ones.
    @Ken Hill1 let us know if a reboot of your Youview box has worked to get your apps fully working.
    Darren said:
    When my Now TV Big Entertainment with BT ends next February I may think about canceling it and get Entertainment and Movies direct from Now but keep BT for Internet as I got an ok deal 6 weeks ago for BT FTTC.
    I will say though it's been well over 2 weeks since I watched a movie on Sky Cinema/Sky Cinema on demand. Last movies I watched was on Disney + and Netflix. Also been over 2 weeks since I watched a movie on Prime.
    Think I got about enough streaming services payed for as well as the free main ones.
    @Ken Hill1 let us know if a reboot of your Youview box has worked to get your apps fully working.
    Darren said:
    I will I haven't had a chance today because my wife has been watching other things on that box I will let you know so as soon as I can
    edited 3 April 2021, 10:53AM
    I have rebooted the box and prime video is locked faster than it was before .