4OD App Adverts

Chubble369Chubble369 Member Posts: 2
Adverts pop-up when pausing a programme on the Channel 4 app. This is all well and good, but not when you’re trying to pause a programme to see (or read) something on screen in more detail. Is there any way to avoid this?

Comments

• kodikidkodikid Member Posts: 701 ✭✭
    Yes,
    Instead of streaming record it.
    Then you can blissfully fast forward through the ad break 
    Ignore this if you disagree. 
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 16,889 ✭✭✭
    @Chubble369 @kodikid

And you get the desired result when you Pause it.

However, this method doesn’t work when you are trying to binge-watch anything that Walter Presents, or the fourth series of Fargo, say; but subscribing to All4+, for a small monthly encomium, does.
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful’ Wm Morris
  • alal Member, Super User Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭
    But when you pause a recording you get a darkened screen with text all over it!*
    *I think that still true, I rarely do this any more and things may have changed dramatically in a recent update.
  • Rob PRob P Member Posts: 93
    al said:
    But when you pause a recording you get a darkened screen with text all over it!*
    *I think that still true, I rarely do this any more and things may have changed dramatically in a recent update.
    You get the darkened screen for about 5 seconds, then it clears to leave an un-polluted still image.