Software upgrade

wtfwtfwtfwtf Member Posts: 1
Why can i no longer skip the ads on recorded stuff? Please tell me if this is possible, otherwise bye bye Youview!

Comments

• RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭
    edited 3 June 2021, 8:09AM
    @wtfwtf

Given the outrage this update has caused with its new UI, I would have though we would have heard about such a problem sooner, if it were generic.
    Though maybe nobody records much any more….

Are you sure these are recordings, and not programmes on catch-up?

Can you still fast forward through the ads?

Can you skip or fast forward during these programmes when not in the adverts?

What happens when you can’t skip/FF? Do you get a message, or just no response to the skip or FF buttons?

Any joy from a soft reset? While not recording nor about to, touch the On/Standby button for just over 8 seconds until the box does this.
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful’ Wm Morris
  • barnpiecebarnpiece Member Posts: 8
    Yes you can skip backwards and forwards through a recording.
    You never have been able to skip adverts on players such as ITV Hub, All 4 and My 5.

Richard
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭
    edited 3 June 2021, 6:26PM
    @wtfwtf

I checked for your issue. 

I was unable to reproduce it, and I could perfectly well skip and fast forward over adverts on a recoded programme, and do it in reverse as well.
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful’ Wm Morris