New Home Screen

JeanniePieJeanniePie Member Posts: 1
I had no notice of the new Home Screen! so when I switched on my Youview box yesterday I was totally baffled as to where MY TV was.
Eventually sent a tweet and was informed of the new screen.
I hate it! very difficult to navigate with an ordinary remote control, PLEASE bring back the previous My TV screen, and the option to click on apps etc. as it was BEFORE.
Also, just joined the community, but could not find out how to comment on an already raised topic (home screen) so had to start a new topic.

Tagged:

Comments

• StephenStephen Member Posts: 746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can click on MyTV and Apps (the buttons on the left of the screen) in the same number of keypresses as before to get to exactly the same screens that you're used to - check out this most recent thread for some explanation (and a lot of waffling):

• Tim CTim C Member, Super User Posts: 577 ✭✭
    Unfortunately Youview don't make a habit of listening to their user base or giving us what we might want in terms of changes.
    Most comments on here & BT Community forum are negative and requesting to go back to how it was.
    Not likely to happen though. :'(
  • Douglas MoncrieffDouglas Moncrieff Member Posts: 20
    Can I volunteer to test future user interfaces ?  That way at least we might get some real people and common sense, and hopefully not get another mess.
  • Stevef_fr8ysStevef_fr8ys Member, Super User Posts: 454 ✭✭
    Don't worry, they don't listen there either!
  • John LJohn L Member, Super User Posts: 821 ✭✭
    Can I volunteer to test future user interfaces ?  That way at least we might get some real people and common sense, and hopefully not get another mess.

@Douglas Moncrieff,
    Welcome to the forum. I'm a "real person" and along with many others that have a lot of experience and knowledge test and volunteer as trialists for Youview. Do they listen? Oh yes, they "listen", we get internal feedback, but . . . . Youview still go ahead with what they have already decided. Yes, @Douglas Moncrieff, it would be a great idea if you signed up and joined, then you could also add your views to the already long queue from other trialists. John L
    Can't wait for the day when Youview get rid of the dreaded darkened banner when using fast forward/rewind recordings. 
    just to add @Douglas Moncrieff , when first testing new homepage, I commented straight away on too much information being shown on front screen, plus also issues regarding loading speed. Youview did revamp this slightly with a faster start up, but still seems slower than previous homepage. As @roy mentions in a previous topic, thumbnails are part of problem. I totally agree. Youview really do need to listen before they release new designs. John L
    Can't wait for the day when Youview get rid of the dreaded darkened banner when using fast forward/rewind recordings. 
  • Stevef_fr8ysStevef_fr8ys Member, Super User Posts: 454 ✭✭
    @John L, think I said all that in 7 words!
    @John L, think I said all that in 7 words!

@Stevef_fr8ys You did, but I think @Douglas Moncrieff needed it explained more. You could actually write a book on the subject. I think I will leave that one! John L

• Catherine DudaCatherine Duda Member Posts: 6
    My ideal new home screen would be just the TV screen with the channel I was watching previously, and a smarter remote so I could easily access Guide, Apps etc without the whole thing having to load up and virtually freeze the TV for 20 seconds. Call me old fashioned 😒